Bag of kings Terrigal

King chaser

Sitting at my desk all week watching Willy weather, psyched myself up for a trip out wide for the weekend.

Had to fish solo today, the old man wasn’t keen. launched at terrigal and filled up on livies. Sea was 21.3 degrees, water was clean and seas were gentle made a quick Punch out to Texas (The cones if your speaking with a local). Not long before it was a car park.

Fish were spread out no big schools or markA few people had some luck but they weren’t thick by any measure. Did some exploring to the south and found a nice rock in the middle of nowhere with a good show. 

They were not interest in the livies. My yellow and green jig was left untouched. Switched to a red and blue jig and the action started. Got my 5 pretty quick biggest went 90cm. Stoked when I got the fifth, my arms were gassed 

The run in was quick, nearly flat stick.

The oldies, in-laws and my house hold will smash up the fillets in no time!

Stoked I found a new mark, now back to dreaming about my next trip.

C382BA78-0755-4367-A496-046E9C46D610.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Hey hey hey, awesome mate! They are some decent kings. I can only image the different ways you will cook them and I’m salivating 😋 

Good to see you did some searching for yourself and it paid dividends. A mark is a mark and a good place to start. But fish have tails and they swim too! Lol 

A very nice solo trip indeed. I hope you gave yourself a hi 5 👋 

cheers scratchie!!! 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Pickles said:

Hi King chaser - great report. I share your passion for Kingies - a great feeling to have your arms (and calves) burning from a good session on the kings.

Whole body was hurting today, but that was ok because still on a high from a cracking fishing trip. Can wait to get back out there and get stuck into another King.

1 hour ago, King chaser said:

Whole body was hurting today, but that was ok because still on a high from a cracking fishing trip. Can wait to get back out there and get stuck into another King.

Mate nothing beats a good king ....the good trips keep you in suspense till the next aye......🤪😛

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 61 crusher said:

Well done on a great solo session & finding a new mark, nothing better than being away from the masses & getting into a few good ones 👍 some nice fillets in that lot, how was the current 

Hey crusher current was steady running up hill wasn’t too bad at all, wasn’t raging but enough to cover some good ground! 

• Thanks 1

On 6/14/2020 at 9:36 AM, Fun2fish said:

Hi how far out to Texas if coming  from brooklyn 

Depends very much on the swell and wind, but usually about 1 1/2 hours in “average” conditions - very rare to get a flat and glassy sea.

On 6/14/2020 at 9:36 AM, Fun2fish said:

Hi how far out to Texas if coming  from brooklyn 

Depends very much on the swell and wind, but usually about 1 1/2 hours in “average” conditions - very rare to get a flat and glassy sea.

On 6/13/2020 at 8:03 PM, King chaser said:

They were not interest in the livies. My yellow and green jig was left untouched. Switched to a red and blue jig and the action started.

Nicely done :biggrinthumb:

Some of the guys out at longreef the other day said the kings around that size wouldn't take any livies either & got there's on jigs as well.

Sounds like a bit of a pattern for this time of the year maybe??