Sydney kings going nuts

Pickles

Stopped catching at 25, biggest 94cm (on 20lb), kept 6 between 3 (Fishraider dlvbw and Stephen) all others released.

Cuttlefish  and live yakkas Did the damage

Sweet little livies hanging around Balmoral

3943A8FF-C379-4ECC-BE53-39B3F71E9E5A.jpeg

759F045D-0ACC-4131-9613-0934B8089114.jpeg

Edited by Pickles
Updated photo
  • Like 19

Sounds like another great day out, you’ve certainly got the kingys sussed out.

Another epic session Bob 😎 have the cuttlefish started surfacing yet or are you managing to find nice paddle pop sized ones?

Edited by 61 crusher

Hey M1100S, total for the year only 75, but keeping record of those over 70cm.

10 hours ago, Scratchie said:

So many kings around at the moment. Good to see you got a few decent ones! Well done 👍 

cheers scratchie!!! 

cheers Scratchie, looking forward to catching up on snapper weekend. Thanks for organising this. What do you think about a BBQ get together on the Saturday night?

9 hours ago, 61 crusher said:

Another epic session Bob 😎 have the cuttlefish started surfacing yet or are you managing to find nice paddle pop sized ones?

Cheers for comments, cuttlies are big breeders and little guys, nothing much in between.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Welster said:

Well done pickles.    Did you pick them up down rigging?   94cm on 20lb would be fun. 

Wasn’t down rigging today, but do use the canon, but to be frank, I get most of my kings burley it and dropping livies into it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Triple G said:

Pickles, you did it again and I was sort of expecting another post!

looks like you guys had a ball and the weather was good to you.

Happy to take a master class with you one day.

Happy to get out with you, my only issue is I need someone to tow my boat (I have a licence and drive, but due to a few little life adventures I have narcolepsy and can fall asleep - not good for my passengers)

11 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Happy to get out with you, my only issue is I need someone to tow my boat (I have a licence and drive, but due to a few little life adventures I have narcolepsy and can fall asleep - not good for my passengers)

Hi B__,

We attempted on Wednesday and forgot the key!

We arrived all prepped up on Friday, braved the weather and unfortunately returned without a bite. Perhaps my luck must continue.

All good though, till next time.

12 hours ago, Pickles said:

cheers Scratchie, looking forward to catching up on snapper weekend. Thanks for organising this. What do you think about a BBQ get together on the Saturday night?

The whole meet and greet will depend on restrictions at the time! Generally after fishing all day no one really wants to cook. So I was thinking West Diggers. Cheap meals and probably in the centre of accommodation! 

On 6/15/2020 at 12:21 PM, 61 crusher said:

On 6/15/2020 at 8:12 PM, dlvbw said:

Awesome day out mate. Thanks for having me on the boat! 

Always a pleasure Dunc

• Like 1

On 6/15/2020 at 11:19 AM, M1100S said:

What is the tally for the year so far pickles 

U need to rent your services out... do a harbours kingfish masterclass for all us novices. You make it look too easy

Only 86 this year (had 3 months where not able to fish). I’m always happy to go out with others and “share the secrets”, but due to a pretty bad accident I have narcolepsy and need someone with a vehicle and tow bar to tow the boat (I do have a licence and can drive, but 30kS is about max before I fall asleep - not good for the passengers). I don’t have a charter operators licence, coxswain ticket and wouldn’t complete with the large number of operators trying to make a living as it is. There are some excellent hardworking charter operators who do an excellent job and usually happy to share with fishos, if there is reciprocation.

27 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Only 86 this year (had 3 months where not able to fish). I’m always happy to go out with others and “share the secrets”, but due to a pretty bad accident I have narcolepsy and need someone with a vehicle and tow bar to tow the boat (I do have a licence and can drive, but 30kS is about max before I fall asleep - not good for the passengers). I don’t have a charter operators licence, coxswain ticket and wouldn’t complete with the large number of operators trying to make a living as it is. There are some excellent hardworking charter operators who do an excellent job and usually happy to share with fishos, if there is reciprocation.

Only 86 haha that is insane.... what is the target for the year. last year it was 100 right ?

and i would be happy to come by and hitch up the boat and go out with you one day no dramas. I have Mondays off for the rest of the year so who knows maybe a monday fish is on the cards

Edited by M1100S

2 hours ago, Pickles said:

86 fishing sessions..wow that is crazy considering the year we have had. .Back in the day when i was hitting harbour in early days of king resurgence i think i hit over 120for a year so you are on track to beat that so well done!! That was when name say and the other Bing was still around. But that was before child and when kings were just little and on the come back. Great to see where they are now....Still remember my  55 kings released in a day solo...that was a fun day. They are a great fish. Still have only ever cooked up 1 ..

2 hours ago, rippinlips said:

86 fishing sessions..wow that is crazy considering the year we have had. .Back in the day when i was hitting harbour in early days of king resurgence i think i hit over 120for a year so you are on track to beat that so well done!! That was when name say and the other Bing was still around. But that was before child and when kings were just little and on the come back. Great to see where they are now....Still remember my  55 kings released in a day solo...that was a fun day. They are a great fish. Still have only ever cooked up 1 ..

He got 500 last year!!!