Kingies At Longy - vid

Squ!rt

Started out Early Saturday morning Long Weekend, Put the boat in at Tunks at around 5/6ish,

After we tied up all the rods we started chasing around for bait, we tried middle harbour and only managed to get one squid, we then went over to little manly, and started to get a decent amount of yakkas, well atleast enough to give us some sort of bait for the trip, we already had some decent cuttlefish on board from the last outing on the boat provided by fluffy,

We hit up the North Head, and seemed every man and his dog were out doing the same thing, setting up the bombs, trawling around to try and get onto the kings, but as the same as us, not much luck, we headed straight upto Long reef, got there and plenty of marks on the sounder, sweet, then nothing, saw a couple of other guys there too, they were getting on but we weren't, 

Alright time to change tactics, started using the cuttlefish, and fluffy strted to get some hits, we chucked out a yakka, not much interest untill much later.

We had a decent amount of fun trolling and drifting around the reef, unfortunately where we wanted to go there was a "Pro Dive" boat there, so no go to our usual kingy spot.

We worked around this kept using the bait and ended up closer in than we thought, worked out very nicely, it was now getting on in the day mabe around the 3/4 O'clock mark, starting coming on decently, then we ran out of bait, Anthony chucked on a 300g jig, and holy sheeeps, did a kingy take it, we had now used all the bait and light was starting to get dim, we were looking back at the land and it was now just a nice sunset, as we drifted over these marks, each time we dropped a decent jig they went for it, it was insane, myself never catching kingy's or atleast any size to write home about, was catching stonkers on Lures, not bait, fricken lures, it was one of the best days and sessions, we were definately all buggered by the time we got back to Tunk's,

My Pb for the Day was 82, and i believe on the Boat was 90/91 mark, still didnt get that elusive 1m but we will get there one day

Anyway guys thats just a quick report, ill let the pics and vid do the talking

Vid Link : Kings Of The Reef

IMG_2590.thumb.JPG.865ffb061a5bd6b32c3158324257926a.JPG

IMG_2532.thumb.JPG.5d6c146f7ba1db9836defd5763d56426.JPG

IMG_2539.thumb.JPG.a7f302151006c7dedb411a163575e59e.JPG

Squ!rt - FSF Adventures.

Edited by Squ!rt
  • Like 9

Thanks guys, i did my best to remember the day as i haven't had time to write the report due to being busy with stuff, plus the editing of vids, was a massive Long weekend for myself, sorting out fishing gear and fixing my brothers 4by on the friday, fish all day saturday 4am start got home round 9/10pm, then up sunday at 5am to go newnes 4wding, got home at 3am monday. then fix and rebuild the 4bys monday, big weekend. more vids to come

Fantastic video! Looks like you guys had a cracking day.

My kids have been hassling me about how long it’s been since I brought home a kingy.
Land based has been very quiet lately. Maybe it’s time to invest in a boat! 

14 hours ago, 61 crusher said:

Now that’s a busy weekend plus a great video, report & photos 👍

wait till i finish editing the 4wd video from the day after, busy is and understatement