Chasing Luderick in Waverley

Yon

The kids wanted Fish N Chips for dinner last night and I’ve been told to take a few hours a week off work, so I’ve been heading off to the rocks along the Waverley coastline to chase Luderick and Squid the past few evenings. 
Usually the Luderick are pretty reliable everywhere between Bondi and Bronte... But... after about 5 hours trying in the past two days I’ve only managed to catch 2 Luderick and absolutely no squid. 
I’ve hit all my usual spots and not even gotten a bite at most of them. 
Been awfully quiet the last few days....

Luckily the two that I did catch were fatties and fed the kids. I ate salad 🥗...

Hoping it picks up soon. 

On a side note, I watched two guys in waders get knocked over by a big wave and almost get dragged in. Waders + no PFD is a life threatening mistake, like wearing concrete shoes! I spoke to them about it after checking that they were ok, but there was a bit of a language barrier so I’m not sure the message got through. 

Wear those PFD’s Raiders... They will literally save your life. 

4F0D248F-9CE9-4577-9DD8-FF26DD40C2F3.jpeg

• Like 9

Good effort on persisting, last year the squid were easy to come by, for some reason this year has been a bit hit & miss off the rocks,  might be to do with the swells knocking around there breeding  ground as well as a lack of bait (garfish among others)

Good report Yon, a pain about the Luderick not coming out to play.
it’s great your kids like fish (a good excuse to go hunting and gathering for the mob).

Good on you for spreading the word about need to wear a life jacket on the stones.

Oh yeah my kids LOVE fish and they love catching them even more. My daughters have been giving me a hard time about how long it’s been since I’ve caught a kingfish. Between them they will eat an entire fillet as sashimi. Unfortunately I don’t have a boat to chase them around in and it’s been super quiet on the rocks for me lately, so I’ll just have to keep trying 😂