Drivers towing boats rebate

mrsswordfisherman

From NSW Maritime Facebook page 
Good news! 🚗🛶

Drivers towing boats, caravans and horse floats will now be eligible for cheaper tolls on Sydney motorways.

The scheme will work by providing a rebate on the larger recreational vehicle tolls to bring the cost in line with regular cars.

It comes into effect from November this year but will be backdated from 1 June.

1A2DDB12-A64E-4364-9014-2D0F747585D4.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

That is good news.    Sounds like it will be administered like the m5 rebate.  I'm guessing the toll operator will be getting paid by the NSW gov.

@mrsswordfisherman  I just posted about this before I found yours, I should have known you'd be onto it.  I think I deleted my post but please do if I haven't. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Yes it will be a cash back claim like the M5

Check out what we just paid on M7 and M2 one tow of caravan and rest were boat to Bobbin Head for hairtail!!

1F86E68D-4D1F-4918-89CE-992B7940EDEF.jpeg

https://www.2gb.com/exclusive-toll-operators-overruled-to-lower-travel-costs/

Are you serious?  These people should be strung up!  We pay fuel excise for roads (allegedly) and then you are expected to pay this extortion?

4 hours ago, Fatbastard said:

Are you serious?  These people should be strung up!  We pay fuel excise for roads (allegedly) and then you are expected to pay this extortion?

That what happens when you put the toll roads in the hands of private Operators... i guess they can do what ever u like.

Shame the taxpayer has to pay back up boat owners, good for me as i will benefit as i have to take my boat to dealer who is up blacktown way.... but the main issue is how can these toll operators charge boats and caravans the same as 40 tonne Semi trailers.