More from the shore

JonD

Firstly, my 15 year old son has never taken much interest in fishing, partly because music is his thing. Even today, he is gigging at a local winery. At Xmas I bought him a light 8ft spin outfit, but due to the bushfires and covid, he's only just started using it over the last few weeks. It's funny how catching a few hard fighting fish has suddenly completely transformed his opinion on fishing. He's now obsessed like his sister!!!

_DSC4088.thumb.jpg.3ce0d023ee4754b48dff122c7c685a93.jpg

_DSC4098.thumb.jpg.480dba61c90e53eddb83bcf79b26abf3.jpg

_DSC4113.thumb.jpg.88301ae49a1ab79b075192f4e10afd6d.jpg

_DSC4136.thumb.jpg.c07046726a923ba84232798e32f4f186.jpg

678095002__DSC41291.thumb.jpg.096174654210c96d0bc398a6e69cdc54.jpg

_DSC4131.thumb.jpg.60a533bfe5b8308c6b6b7e567fc03ee5.jpg

_DSC4122.thumb.jpg.1a671fb2f131c2bdb8dbe49808fadac2.jpg

• Like 7

22 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

That Ray is huge, would have been an awesome fight.

Great pics of the milky way as well.

Notan easy shot!

Those shots of the sky were on my compact sitting on my jacket on a little kids stool. The waves kept washing around the legs of the stool causing it to sink, so yes not easy, also the first time Ive tried them.

• Like 1

As usual Jon the quality of fishing and photography in your post is first class. I have never had any luck taking photos at night. I know it's down to settings, but if you don't know how, you're not going to get a result. Thanks for the post. bn

• Like 1

12 hours ago, big Neil said:

As usual Jon the quality of fishing and photography in your post is first class. I have never had any luck taking photos at night. I know it's down to settings, but if you don't know how, you're not going to get a result. Thanks for the post. bn

I agree Neil it can be tricky and frustrating at times. Even having a reasonable background in photography I find myself having to continuously work around failures and try different settings. Using a nice big strobe flash I can mount on this compact works great testing at home but as soon as I get on the beach everything seems to fail and I quickly have to drop back to the little pop up flash on the camera.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Awesome report Jon. No matter what age, kids just want to catch something. Glad he’s like your adventures! 
But no snapper??? 😝

cheers scratchie!!! 

It's funny, I was just reading an old report of yours where you posted locations to fish up around your way. I was especially interested in the shore jewfish spots which I'd like my son to have a chance at. Like the snapper jewfish are pretty rare here now.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JonD said:

It's funny, I was just reading an old report of yours where you posted locations to fish up around your way. I was especially interested in the shore jewfish spots which I'd like my son to have a chance at. Like the snapper jewfish are pretty rare here now.

Plenty of Jew up here atm! I’ll be honest in that I have not targeted them for ages. I’m always drawn to the ocean. Might have a go on the weekend if the tides are good just for something different. Usually in the estuary the window is quite small to target them although usually plenty there! 

• Like 1