Artificial reef

Fun2fish

its a good place to catch bait, but it gets hammered- ive pulled kings off it but in general hanging with the crowd for the odd rat king isnt something i do. Its pretty tide dependent for kings and personally i think its in a terrible location-it gets heaps of slop bouncing off the cliffs- must be in some kind of ""resonance"" zone as its always rougher at the arti than right next to the cliffs or a km or so wider. Essentially for me its a bait ground.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fun2fish said:

Tried yesterday went to coordinate from website couldn't find anything  there I'm using  a usa bought hummingbird helix I sometimes wonder if it needs to be calibrated for aus

Is it set on wgs 84 format. Did you try a search around the area ?

And it didnt have 10 other boats on it?- Jon is right you need to reset your GPS to the 66 format for most data in Australia, only problem with US bought GPS is that it might be geolocked-which means that you need to find your own marks or do the conversion. The arti stands out like the proverbial on a sounder.

3 hours ago, Fun2fish said:

Sorry don't no what that is I'm a dinosaur with electronics

I'm a bit like that to but charts have a datum and somewhere in your setup should be a choice of different datum s to suit certain charts or maps ( maps for land ). First I would check to find where in your menu this is and see if it's on wgs84 which is the most commonly used https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Geodetic_System

I find YouTube can be helpful when it comes to tutorials on gps plotters etc.

Ok so I can find Australian geod.1966 or wgs84 which one? Also unit isn't  showing right time would that mean anything thanks for your help it's a shame to spend all that money for something that I don't no how to use

Sorry got mixed up earlier-reset to the WGS84, and go into your settings and reset time. Electronics are great but only if you use them correctly-marks are as follows 33°50.797' S (Latitude), 151°17.988'E (Longitude) (WGS84 datum)

• Like 1