fishing the chocolate...

I had to go to Wagga Wagga last Thursday so I took the opportunity to have a look at the boat ramp which I use in Narrandera. I was surprised to see that there was enough water to launch the boat, despite the water level still being low. The water was very dirty but I figured it would clean up in a few days, so I took the boat out yesterday. Good that I gave it a run as it's been a while. It was quite a still day (windwise) so I was able to enjoy sitting there in full sunlight without being burned to a crisp. The water temp was 9 celsius but still the colour of a Milo nightcap. I didn't see a single fish on the sounder, despite sounding the deep holes AND the shallower areas. It was a frustrating session of 3.5 hours but marginally better than sitting at home. As usual I took a few snaps...ROLL ON SUMMER. Cheers, bn

IMG_2770.jpgrs.thumb.jpg.732e532e0e2e02e5fb636c97e652788e.jpgIMG_2771.jpgrs.thumb.jpg.124a89a1b93a13144532017abe9de9b7.jpgIMG_2772.jpgrs.thumb.jpg.f4b49304a49616c20dbbe10467d0fbd1.jpg

• Like 12

Still looks like a good place to be, fish or no fish. Was there much in the way of birdlife along the banks, often just things like kingfishers are a good sign of smaller fish in the food chain.

6 hours ago, JonD said:

Still looks like a good place to be, fish or no fish. Was there much in the way of birdlife along the banks, often just things like kingfishers are a good sign of smaller fish in the food chain.

A few Herons flying round Jon and obviously stacks of cockatoos, no cormorants or pelicans. I reckon fish eating birds would have struggled...the water was very discoloured. Bit of a puzzle not seeing a single fish on the sounder. I can usually spot them hard up against the snags. bn

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Blackfish said:

Looks a good day for it Neil and the water Temperature 9 deg, no swimming I would guess. 😄

LOL wouldn't get me in unless it was 29c. Not keen on cold water! Nice in the Winter sun though. bn

8 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Nice to be out on the water anyway Neil

For sure and the boat / motor definitely needed a bit of a run. Nice to sit there and contemplate anyway Donna. Cheers, bn

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Hoods said:

Should have put a few pots in for crays BN while you had a snooze in the sun!! Thanks for the photos. Hoods

Hi Hoods.Not legal where I am. They are a protected species because of their low numbers. bn