Port Stephens catch up warm up

Peter Nelson

Havnt posted for a while due to corona virus and moving house at the moment.

But I decided to get my priorities right and have a warm up before the Port Stephens catch up.

Took my nephew out and tried a few areas with  a keeper and a 45cm model.

Moved on to another spot and started feeding out a livey only for it to get smashed before the rod went in the holder, after a bit of a fight up comes a just legal king, landed a couple more the next drift.

Set up our next drift and it was on, nephew gets a nice 63cm snaps, livey goes off and I get absolutely  smoked, then my rod with the plastic on goes off, lucky to get this one as it swallowed it down and could feel the leader skipping across it's teeth, another 63cm shortly after a 54cm landed.

Got dusted  a couple more times and got a few big bonnies  before the wind dropped completely off and the fish with itIMG_3719.jpg.3a0a9f4dacefd3ae6e1cb06a23e38c9b.jpg

IMG_3716.jpg

• Like 12

Nice work Pete! Gees that spot looks familiar haha 😂 Glad you could pull something from there. We did three drifts in that area and all we got was an ass smacking by a good snaps!!! Good to see you get out mate. I know you’ve been hanging for a fish! Well done 👍

cheers scratchie!!! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

Nice work Pete! Gees that spot looks familiar haha 😂 Glad you could pull something from there. We did three drifts in that area and all we got was an ass smacking by a good snaps!!! Good to see you get out mate. I know you’ve been hanging for a fish! Well done 👍

cheers scratchie!!! 

I thought you'd recognise my secret location,  ha ha

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Berleyguts said:

Good onya Pete!

(Baz screen shots pic... just to make sure he’s in the right area next time. Especially since Scratchie got an ass smacking there!) 🤔😂

Ha ha Baz

Maybe I moved location for the photo 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Looks like your "warm up" for the September event has put you on the front line of the grid, alongside Scratchie. Gunna be hard to sneak poll position from you guys but I reckon there will be a few trying real hard to do so. All being well it will be good to see how the experts do it. Till then keep honing your skills Peter, it's pretty to watch. Cheers, bn

• Like 1

6 hours ago, big Neil said:

Looks like your "warm up" for the September event has put you on the front line of the grid, alongside Scratchie. Gunna be hard to sneak poll position from you guys but I reckon there will be a few trying real hard to do so. All being well it will be good to see how the experts do it. Till then keep honing your skills Peter, it's pretty to watch. Cheers, bn

Thanks mate

I think it was more luck than skill, if i got there 1hr later I would have got nothing.

They were really on the bite than shut down as quick as it came on

• Like 1