Blanked

JonD

Headed to the same gutter we had pulled some salmon from yesterday on Tilba beach. Wind was light SW and looked very promising. I setup the big gear intended for gummys or anything else which might be hunting the salmon after dark. My son and daughter's boyfriend walked north flicking lures in the hope of some fresh tailor or salmon but not a fish could be found. They then headed south flicking for another hour before returning after dark. For three hours I replaced baits even though the baits looked pretty good and didn't get a single bite. Who knows same place tomorrow could be a whole different game, that's fishing!!!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Exactly that’s fishing tomorrow will be a different story your very lucky to be able to fish daily so close to home but still requires dedication good on you. You will find the fish.

• Like 1

Had a donut myself today, unless you count a foul hooked toad as a capture, haha.

Like in your pics Jon, the conditions were far too flat and was like fishing in a lake and like you, the humpbacks were a welcome distraction.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonD said:

It was still a stunning evening though, even had some humpbacks about 500m out infant of us.

_DSC4139.jpg.2ea8cddea3a0695ebfe63d547e36b6c4.jpg

People put these sorts of images on their TV's or laptops as screensavers just as idyllic places they would prefer to be from where they are.

You might have been blanked but its better than eating donuts looking at this as a screen saver :biggrinthumb:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Green Hornet said:

Had a donut myself today, unless you count a foul hooked toad as a capture, haha.

Like in your pics Jon, the conditions were far too flat and was like fishing in a lake and like you, the humpbacks were a welcome distraction.

Seems widespread. Hit the Brou beach this afternoon flicking lures for three hours and not a single touch. The offshore tuna scene was also quite today. My daughter had the right idea, she went diving for lobsters and couldn't believe how many nests of very large lobsters were around. She said the fish life was pretty good too, with a cracking 18-20kg king cruising right up to her in 5m of water.

• Like 1

If we expected to catch fish every time we wet a line, we would be expecting too much. 

Mind you, I am not happy if I don't catch something of edible value. 😡    😂

6 hours ago, big Neil said:

Not entirely relevant to your post Jon but don't Tailor migrate North to breed off Fraser Island about this time of year?

Cheers, bn

I believe some do, however I've been hearing of good catches of big tailor around Merimbulla over the last week.

Just gotten in from a full bumpy day out in the boat for 1 wrasse, 1 sweep and a small banjo ray.

8 hours ago, JonD said:

I believe some do, however I've been hearing of good catches of big tailor around Merimbulla over the last week.

Just gotten in from a full bumpy day out in the boat for 1 wrasse, 1 sweep and a small banjo ray.

Thanks for ur reply Jon. Not your usual result but with fishing anything can happen. I love Merimbula and have caught many good fish there (and Pambula). I will have to have a trip over your way when the weather warms up a bit, some good estuary fishing in your area. I particularly like Tuross Heads. Cheers, bn