Not a bad day for Blackfish

Ryder

Hi Raiders

Braved the wind and the rain early this morning to meet the boys around Pyrmont for the first get together in months.

The first spot looked promising, I put the first fish in the bag on my second drift. Royce added a couple before things went quiet. After long spell I got 2 more in quick succession before it went quiet again. With Trevor looking at a donut the decision was made to move.

We found a spot that looked pretty good, I had never fished before, so it was a learning experience. The drift was pretty inconsistent, the wind was a bit of an issue and the fish were finicky. Changing berley pattern and changing depth we finally got on to a good patch of fish. We all added few more to the bag, Trevor dodged a donut with the fish of the day that went close to 40cm. We called it when things went quiet once again with over a dozen in the bag. ( I didn't make a proper count, and some of the fish jumped just as I took the photo, maybe out of shot)

IMG_2035.thumb.jpg.96270d76d3b52d66f6fac3ee5c3d2911.jpg

• Like 12

11 hours ago, Ryder said:

Pyrmont is just west of the bridge. This was just a bit of show and tell. 

I know where Pyrmont is, I work in Darling Harbor!

I was asking if you consume fish caught west of the bridge??

Nice haul though, sounds like you released them all then.

Looking at your post seems the underlying point is to be dont be afraid to try somewhere new!

Well done :thumbup:

Well done Andrew and the gang of Blackfishing experts. Reading your post brought back really fond memories of the times you have taken me out Blackfishing. I vividly recall all of them, especially the one where we were getting saturated and the older lady from a nearby shop came out with 2 large black plastic bags which we fashioned into wet weather gear. Worked a treat and we kept at it for quite some time, with good results. Thanks for being so generous. bn

• Like 1