• Snapper
    • Other reef species
    • Freshwater fish
    • Mahi mahi
    • Bream
    • Marlin
    • Trevally species
    • Mackeral species

Whats your favorite species? Anything involving catching them maybe the feeling after landing one, maybe the area you fish in? What is your all time favorite species? Dont have you to reply just click an option if you wanna, wld be very interesting to see what the raiders prefer as a species

Edited by JAKSShark
Adding more in

1 hour ago, JAKSShark said:

Mahi mahi is an option now

My pick would be mahi mahi AKA Dolphinfish.

Reason, they put up a strong fight with some aerial and acrobatic display, anything over 70cm is always a decent fight on normal gear, and their colors are stunning. Theres something especially rewarding about waking up at 3am, collecting live bait, driving 20km out into the electric blue and then coming up tight on a good fish seemingly in the middle of no where !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAKSShark said:

May i ask why blackfish is SO popular amongst you guys? I would like to know why because ive only caught a few of em and dunno why some people live an die by em😁 please explain

Because they are readily available in almost every location, take some skill to "master" fun to catch and great to eat.

• Thanks 1

I guess in a very broad sense, it's hard to nominate a favourite, simply because sometimes a fish is "special" either where it was caught, how it was caught, or the company, just as an example, during the winter Westerlies I fish for Bream, out of the boat, only a few metres from shore, in very shallow water, using 2-4kg line, little #1 hooks and no sinker, a couple of years ago, I got a huge "run" the little reel was near out of line, when the unknown fish turned back, after near on 15 mins, a 6.5kg Snapper surfaced, all in less than 2m of water! So, that was "a" favorite, but on traditional gear, it would be just great (if you get the difference) 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, noelm said:

I guess in a very broad sense, it's hard to nominate a favourite, simply because sometimes a fish is "special" either where it was caught, how it was caught, or the company, just as an example, during the winter Westerlies I fish for Bream, out of the boat, only a few metres from shore, in very shallow water, using 2-4kg line, little #1 hooks and no sinker, a couple of years ago, I got a huge "run" the little reel was near out of line, when the unknown fish turned back, after near on 15 mins, a 6.5kg Snapper surfaced, all in less than 2m of water! So, that was "a" favorite, but on traditional gear, it would be just great (if you get the difference) 

Agree fully, circumstances and gear and surroundings can be what determines a favorite fish but at the same time like your example it can be many other factors and maybe more than 1 favorite specie

My favourite is Spanish Mackeral or Spotted Mackeral - the screaming drag is addictive. Interestingly they don't go as hard up the top of FNQ which I'm told is because there is less oxygen in the water.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Hoods said:

My favourite is Spanish Mackeral or Spotted Mackeral - the screaming drag is addictive. Interestingly they don't go as hard up the top of FNQ which I'm told is because there is less oxygen in the water.

Added to poll