Yamaha Helm Master

antonywardle

Hi

Anyone seen the Yamaha Helm Master? Looks like a good (although very expensive) system and an alertnative to having an electric motor.

The basic premise is that you can GPS Spot lock your single engine outboard. I can see it would be pretty good for offshore fishing, but maybe not for

inhore, where you'd prefer the quieter running electric. It would be interesting to see if other manufactures come to market with a similar product

Check out the Yamaha dealer saying how good the product is😉

Edited by antonywardle
  • Like 4

Impressive!  Love the power cylinder innovation which seems to be at the heart of this.  At first I thought it was power operated hydraulics but then realized it’s an electric ram.  So no hydraulic lines just wires. Wonder how long before OEM copies start to appear??

thanks for sharing Antony 

cheers Zoran 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

Impressive!  Love the power cylinder innovation which seems to be at the heart of this.  At first I thought it was power operated hydraulics but then realized it’s an electric ram.  So no hydraulic lines just wires. Wonder how long before OEM copies start to appear??

thanks for sharing Antony 

cheers Zoran 

Drive by wire has been around for a while now & is available on things like motorcycles, cars, & according to this Mercury have been using it since 2010

https://www.mercuryracing.com/go-digital-drive-by-wire/

4 hours ago, antonywardle said:

Pretty big $$$$, nearly 20K which is a lot of electric motors, but yes i's cool to see.

Its all relative, the person who won the 80 Mil powerball last night is probably now looking over what super yatch they are buying & probably be using that Yammy as a tendor 🤣

Be nice eh!

• Like 1

i can maybe see use in the comercial sector .the price is way over the top for rec users and the big downside is you have to have the engine running all the time you are using it so you would clock up your 100 hour servicing much quicker using it as a spot lock , and worth 4 mina koda's not worth it but good to see technoligy improving all the time cheers dunc333

• Like 1