Port Stephens- Typical day at Broughton

Scratchie

G’day raiders, 

Got out today with @back cruncher, his mate and my son Brandon. 
We were in two minds wether to hit seal rocks or just stay at Broughton. Well the weather decided for us and Broughton it was. The first spot we hit usually produces and Mick managed to land a legal king. Not a touch for the rest of us, so we decided to move on! Next spot Mick was on again, this time to a decent snapper and into the esky. I then came up tight but it chewed through the leader. We reset the drift and I finally managed on for the box and Mick pulled another. Then the live rod goes off and Jnr was to quick for everyone and sets the hook. Decent fight and up comes a solid king. We moved around a fair bit but couldn’t find anymore fish. So after plenty casts we decided to head home!
Always a great day on the water and it was good to see Mick getting a few after a fair break! 

Tight lines, 

cheers scratchie!!! 

8547EF2A-C62F-40F7-B177-B86D33FD8902.thumb.png.0fd30068656979492c908ef72e6e94ee.png

098A62F0-F3F0-4859-8700-D4FEC033D917.thumb.jpeg.14e870f5a992dd608f5d1109beaca1f9.jpeg

• Like 16

Great stuff, Jeff, Mick and Brandon! Good idea to get out before the big low hits. 🤔 I’d planned to fish yesterday or today but I’ve been pretty crook, so stayed home and I won’t be going to work on the weekend either by the looks of it. Had another COVID test yesterday and results quickly came back this morning - negative. We’re in for some big seas from Tuesday onwards, so it might fish OK after the big blow (and after school hols)! Spent an hour or so up on the roof making some repairs so I don’t get any more leaks when the weather hits - now I’m knackered and need a rest! 😂 Can’t wait to get out there again!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

Great stuff, Jeff, Mick and Brandon!

Cheers Baz! 

3 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

Nice looking esky.

Well done lads :thumbup:

Thanks mate! Enough to go around 👍

2 hours ago, Rebel said:

Great haul again. Super photos.

Cheers Rebel 

1 hour ago, Rummers said:

Do you ever miss? 😂

Haha! 🤣 we just stay out there until we catch something. My wife reported me missing once for 3 days which means I blanked on the first two! 🤣🤣🤣 (only joking) 

1 hour ago, Peter Nelson said:

Nice one fellas.

Some nice fish👍

Cheers Pete! 

59 minutes ago, GoingFishing said:

As always, great effort guys!

Thats a nice bag of some quality eating fish. Judging by the water in the background conditions look ideal!

Thanks Sam! 
All the fish were in good condition and will make for a good feed. Conditions were perfect for snapper fishing except the water temp still hasn’t cooled down enough yet! Lots of casts today! 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Yowie said:

Nice box of fish again, better than me today.

Cheers Yowie! We worked hard and got rewarded. 

9 hours ago, Smobaby said:

Nice box of fish seas look pleasant great day out.

Seas were great! 

9 hours ago, JAKSShark said:

Mate do you ever have a bad day!!😂some nice fish there🤩

Sure do but try to make the most if what’s i front of me. “Just keep casting”

• Like 1

Bet that esky lid was opened a few times to Get the high fives going again. Nice fish boys, great rewards for putting in The hard work , well done and thanks for keeping us all pumped about our next fishing trip 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pickles said:

Great effort boys. We went out on Wednesday to “The gibber“, then “21”. We got hammered by sharks and dropped a good snapper.

At least you got out Bob. Those areas tell me you were fishing deep and with baits. I don’t fish those areas because of the sharks. Usually plenty of trag at the gibber. The island this time year is way more productive. 

1 hour ago, Sillek70 said:

Bet that esky lid was opened a few times to Get the high fives going again. Nice fish boys, great rewards for putting in The hard work , well done and thanks for keeping us all pumped about our next fishing trip 

Thanks mate! Always nice to get a few! 

Another good report, great to heart you guys got some especially Mick, nice swag of fish

out of curiosity Jeff you mentioned the weather being the deciding factor re seal rocks would that have been the water temp at Broughton being the deciding factor, cheers 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 61 crusher said:

out of curiosity Jeff you mentioned the weather being the deciding factor re seal rocks would that have been the water temp at Broughton being the deciding factor, cheers 

Cheers Dieter. No mate, the wind and swell are usually the deciding factors. Mainly because our type of fishing soley relies on our drift. It’s a long run to seals and if you are completely exposed it can make it unfishable. At least with Broughton there is always somewhere to get a half decent drift! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1