Myall Lakes National Park Beach Fishing

Rummers

Hey Raiders, 

With this bad weather and about a month before I can head out fishing again, I have started planning a bit of fishing. 

want to head down to Mungo Brush on the beach and see what I can get. Hoping for a Jew or big tailor. 

so my plan is to fish the point pictured from about 2pm into the night (wind and tides depending of course). 

the night before I am hoping to catch some live squid and yakkas and keep alive to put out into the surf or closer to the rocks. Maybe use the drone to drop some further out. 

does anybody see flaws with this plan or have any advice to offer me? Any help is of course appreciated.

thanks guys

BA61795A-CB75-4044-A1B4-998622BBE14F.png

Agh, the little gibber. Try doing a search of the area and you should come up with some information. I caught plenty of longtail there this year and last. The beaches around that were once renown for big jew. Never fished it land based but seen plenty spinning from the rocks there. 

cheers scratchie!!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

Agh, the little gibber. Try doing a search of the area and you should come up with some information. I caught plenty of longtail there this year and last. The beaches around that were once renown for big jew. Never fished it land based but seen plenty spinning from the rocks there. 

cheers scratchie!!! 

Cheers mate, Heard of the little gibber but didn’t know that was it. 
I will give it a go next month when I have a chance. Just trying to plan as much now to have a successful trip!

thanks for your help.