PB northern pike

JaniFIN

kuva.png.45b8e0420edb1e87758a0d508d5e5095.png

G´ Day Mates. Long time no see.

I went 4 days holiday (edit, i was 5 days holiday), every day 2-4h fishing.

Day 1)

First evening we went with Saija and Veikka fishing  near on home.  Near Saw mill. There is long ”perch tweed” and we try catch redfinn perchs. Saija and Veikka fishing ”old style”: rod, line, fload, hook and worm. I fishing by softplastic. First cast and fish on. Northern pike jump ”big air” immediately.  Same time Veikka had fish on, but escape. Pike pull hard on inside tweed, and i afraid that my braid broken there, becouse tweed in so thick. But no, line is nor broken and i get pike close on boat, but afraid that line broken my i´pilot front motor. So we fighting little more and then Saija caught pike on net. Not big but my pb 85cm/3850g.

We continue fishing and Saija catch 2 redfins, bigger was 275g. But not anymore pikes or redfinns  or anything by softplastic ,and start come windy, so we drive back to harbour. I fillets pike and redfinns, and Saija roast filees on pan with flours and butter. Wery  delicious with rye bread. I Try make other days reports later.

(Notice big finnish smile)

Jani

kuva.png.45b8e0420edb1e87758a0d508d5e5095.png

P7091961_small.jpg

P7091962_small.jpg

P7091967_small.jpg

P7091971_small.jpg

P7091970_small.jpg

P7091972_small.jpg

Edited by JaniFIN
  • Like 13

Lovely to hear from you Jani. A good report and some added pictures to show your catches and where you are fishing. The hook that the Perch is on looks HUGE. What bait are you using to catch the Perch and the Pike? Cheers, bn

18 minutes ago, big Neil said:

Lovely to hear from you Jani. A good report and some added pictures to show your catches and where you are fishing. The hook that the Perch is on looks HUGE. What bait are you using to catch the Perch and the Pike? Cheers, bn

I think its the scales to weigh it

@Scratchie No no no. I will not ever forgot fishraiders. Reason why i havent been on forum on longtime is that i have fishing too less. And is it difficult visit here, becouse i start missing so badly come fishing to there, with out any realitic possibility fly to there on long time.

IMG_20200718_094941_small.jpg

• Like 2