Boat inspection in Fairfield

kanTec

The boat looks ok the trailer will need work or more likely replacing.

the price seems a little high, but it’s not unrealistic And probably has factored in negotiation room, think more like $21k With that trailer. If the trailer wasn’t so bad then maybe $23k.

Edited:

There was more photos, when I just looked, the body looks good but has wear and tear from being 14yrs old.

Looks like I should get my $32kono when I sell mine being 10yrs newer

Edited by jeffb5.8

Kan Tec.

Have a look at my post 4 Stroke V ETec it went into melt down before Donna closed it.

Good Read.

O ne the best cars I ever owned was a XT GT Sedan. Candy apple red, it was magic.

Cheers.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Rebel said:

Kan Tec.

Have a look at my post 4 Stroke V ETec it went into melt down before Donna closed it.

Good Read.

How is he supposed to find it if you dont link it??

I just did a search & couldnt find it myself.

If its closed its probably been deleted??

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kingie chaser said:

How is he supposed to find it if you dont link it??

I just did a search & couldnt find it myself.

If its closed its probably been deleted??

May be this one :

(Used Google)

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, savit said:

May be this one :

(Used Google)

Thanks for the link although not really sure what it brings to the table here?

The discussion's already been had & debated(heatidly) in this & other threads & part of the reason why this thread was almost closed as was the fore mentioned.

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

Get it inspected 😜

I have fished out if a later model with a 150 inboard, did ok although more of a family cruise about than a dedicated fishing boat but hey that's what you might be looking for?

At this price range I better inspect it :D . Indeed I wanted both cruising and fishing, so after inspecting several boats, I decided a bowrider is the way to go.

13 hours ago, noelm said:

On closer inspection, it is a 4 stroke, plenty of rust on the bottom of the V sections of the trailer.

Yes, the seller did confirm that it's rusty, and the price is negotiable, I didn't negotiate yet, so hopefully we can reach a good deal

11 hours ago, jeffb5.8 said:

the price seems a little high, but it’s not unrealistic And probably has factored in negotiation room, think more like $21k With that trailer. If the trailer wasn’t so bad then maybe $23k.

Spot-on Jeffb5.8, the good thing about boats is that they don't depreciate like cars. I checked with a dealer, and a brand new Stacer bowrider 5.1sh meter with 115 HP Yammy is about $45K, and a comparable size boat 16 years old is 50% the price ! compare to cars that loses 50% in few years, 16 years... 90% ! 

4 hours ago, Rebel said:

I'll have a read, thanks

51 minutes ago, GoingFishing said:

@kanTec. Looks over priced to me tbh.

I agree GoingFishing, only truth proves true, I'm not in a hurry to buy and any seller will get to realize that there is a cap to the price he/she can ask for as the market will reject higher prices. Usually I would keep a good contact with the seller and most sellers are willing to honestly tell what's the max offer they were given. Happy to top that up a bit and close a deal with a reasonable price.

Let's see how this goes ...

Cheers gents for your your advise !

Edited by kanTec