kanTec

Boat inspection in Fairfield

4 hours ago, kanTec said:

Any thoughts fellas ? 

Get it inspected 😜

I have fished out if a later model with a 150 inboard, did ok although more of a family cruise about than a dedicated fishing boat but hey that's what you might be looking for?

Posted (edited)

All I can say is that I’m glad I wasn’t a member of a fishing/boating forum when there were only two strokes.  With 80% of members complaining post after post.  

Imagine, bloody two strokes motor, Smokey, cost way to much to run, etc, etc, etc.

Stop bloody whinging, they were part of history which we all went through.  Motors have evolved, for better or worse who knows.

I for one still run a two stroke (115ph Johnson Oceanpro) and love it.  Not missed a beat.  It may be a little Smokey at times, and yes a little thirsty compared to today’s technology, but who really cares.  I love boating and have no reason to spend tens of thousands of dollars to upgrade when I’m happy with the performance I already have at my disposal 

And to think this criticism of motors and people started from a forum member requesting information about a boat inspection in Sydney

Edited by shakey55
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, kanTec said:

Appears to thread is still alive. Thanks Donna.

I'm considering this boat:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3026589437429302/

Any thoughts fellas ? 

Cheers!

The add says it's a 4 stroke, but it looks like a standard old 2 stroke in the picture, might pay to clear that up.

On closer inspection, it is a 4 stroke, plenty of rust on the bottom of the V sections of the trailer.

1 hour ago, noelm said:

On closer inspection, it is a 4 stroke, plenty of rust on the bottom of the V sections of the trailer.

I had look at the add. Granted, I'm not really knowing what they are worth, but with what I can see at the trailer, I'd be offering more like $20k. Not $25k.

Bit that's just me

Posted (edited)

The boat looks ok the trailer will need work or more likely replacing.

the price seems a little high, but it’s not unrealistic And probably has factored in negotiation room, think more like $21k With that trailer. If the trailer wasn’t so bad then maybe $23k.

Edited:

There was more photos, when I just looked, the body looks good but has wear and tear from being 14yrs old.

Looks like I should get my $32kono when I sell mine being 10yrs newer

Edited by jeffb5.8

How about the pictures of it moored? maybe it spent a time not flushed, but then, maybe it's just a photo of tied up?

It's at a dealer TR Marine. So that explains price a bit high  Granted I've only bought some parts, but I've been out there a few times, and I found them good. 

Kan Tec.

Have a look at my post 4 Stroke V ETec it went into melt down before Donna closed it.

Good Read.

O ne the best cars I ever owned was a XT GT Sedan. Candy apple red, it was magic.

Cheers.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Rebel said:

Kan Tec.

Have a look at my post 4 Stroke V ETec it went into melt down before Donna closed it.

Good Read.

How is he supposed to find it if you dont link it??

I just did a search & couldnt find it myself.

If its closed its probably been deleted??

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kingie chaser said:

How is he supposed to find it if you dont link it??

I just did a search & couldnt find it myself.

If its closed its probably been deleted??

May be this one :

(Used Google)

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, savit said:

May be this one :

(Used Google)

Thanks for the link although not really sure what it brings to the table here?

The discussion's already been had & debated(heatidly) in this & other threads & part of the reason why this thread was almost closed as was the fore mentioned.

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

Get it inspected 😜

I have fished out if a later model with a 150 inboard, did ok although more of a family cruise about than a dedicated fishing boat but hey that's what you might be looking for?

At this price range I better inspect it :D . Indeed I wanted both cruising and fishing, so after inspecting several boats, I decided a bowrider is the way to go.

13 hours ago, noelm said:

Yes, the seller did confirm that it's rusty, and the price is negotiable, I didn't negotiate yet, so hopefully we can reach a good deal

11 hours ago, jeffb5.8 said:

the price seems a little high, but it’s not unrealistic And probably has factored in negotiation room, think more like $21k With that trailer. If the trailer wasn’t so bad then maybe $23k.

Spot-on Jeffb5.8, the good thing about boats is that they don't depreciate like cars. I checked with a dealer, and a brand new Stacer bowrider 5.1sh meter with 115 HP Yammy is about $45K, and a comparable size boat 16 years old is 50% the price ! compare to cars that loses 50% in few years, 16 years... 90% ! 

4 hours ago, Rebel said:

I'll have a read, thanks

51 minutes ago, GoingFishing said:

@kanTec. Looks over priced to me tbh.

I agree GoingFishing, only truth proves true, I'm not in a hurry to buy and any seller will get to realize that there is a cap to the price he/she can ask for as the market will reject higher prices. Usually I would keep a good contact with the seller and most sellers are willing to honestly tell what's the max offer they were given. Happy to top that up a bit and close a deal with a reasonable price.

Let's see how this goes ...

Cheers gents for your your advise !

Edited by kanTec