Camping at Wyangala

Katoe

Gday legends

Heading back to Wyangala for another crack. Has anyone camped at Gerties or Quartpot before? Camped in the van park last time but prefer the Bush camping if possible. Also can you launch a boat from these spots and is fishing off the bank any good of a night? 

Cheers

Katoe

Way outof my area but good luck, you seemed to do well last time out there.

Maybe this time you could do a bit of your own recon on the area.

If no one resonds I'd suggest using google earth for half decent satelite footage of the area.

I often use it when I am going bush & into mountainous areas I have never been before, at least it will give you some sort of idea.

Best of luck :thumbup:

I agree Gentlemen. I still use online mapping especially for Lakes where the water level varies like Eucumbene etc. Should provide useful info. Just a mention that Six Maps aerial data is now a bit dated. My horses' name is Google!. Other than that I wish I could go too!! Good Luck.

Thanks guys yeah I done better than expected last time I fished here that was for a family weekend with friends so was limited in my fishing time. This weekend is all about the fishing, happy to do the leg work on the water to find the fish have a friend hoping to come and bring his tinny, I’ll be out of my yak. Google maps is great but given the low dam levels and what I can find via google is it’s remote so make sure your prepared and not sure with the level if you can launch launch boats was hoping to tap into the Fishraider experience. Probably going to be my last chance at a fish For cod due to a possible deployment for Covid so trying to be as prepared as I can be. 

People launch at Markhams or the western shore at Quartz Pot if you follow the road to the end, been a while since was out that way however the western road side of the Quartz pot a had  had a bit of a flogging last time.Take some coin as they might come around for the camping fees.

• Like 1