Jani´s pb pike

JaniFIN

PB pike.

Short report  about my PB pike. We went yeastarday all family on cruising on lake. Swimming ext ext. Allso ate some ice creams on shore.

Was  6pm when we arrival back to harbour. Saija, Veikka and piki dog drive to home, but i call to Shappo00 and asking him fishing for short time with me and Vili. I pick up Shappo and drive back to harbour. We drive slowly to ”hotspot” and fixed gears ready.

First Shappo fishing baitfishs for us. One roach was small and he want put back in river, but i sayd that i can use it. Last time was big bait= big fish and now should be small bait= big fish. We catch 7 roach for bait and slowly drive to rusty sign. Same spot where i catch last time my pb zander and Vili catch pb pike, and Shappo catch allso big zander.

We locket i pilot and i sayd to Vili that he can start fishing with softplastic and i start made ready bait rods. Shappo allso start casting with softplastic. I tuc that smallest roach and put line on river. start fixed Vili´s baitrod, and looking why my rod ”shaking”, test but didnt feel any fish there, so i loose more line on river. Start again fixed Vili´s rod, but still my rod shaking, but reel didint give noice. So i put brake tight, waind loose line in and pul fast. ”Fish on” i sayd and could`nt belive, same spot again, and igain something big. I ask Shappo if he can made video again.

I remember, that i allmoste lose my pb zander, becouse brake was too tight, so i did try assembly brake enought tight, but not too tight. I was quite calm, if fish escape, it escape. So fish pull, i pull. Its coming closer and ipromise to Vili that he cant try use net. Net use was more complicated that normal, becouse we had only short handle and smaller net, allso stream make it difficult. I pull fish near to boat and we did try get it net first time. Didnt want go and fight continue. Finally fish was enought tired and Vili get it head on net, and i sliding end of the net around pike. I was sure, that it was my PB pike. Shappo had measure and we check it 90cm and scale show 5.45kg. What a fight and what fish, biggest fish what i have ever catch in Finland. ”Wohoo” i little smile, least allmoste. We still continue fishing and change spot once, Shappo had bite on softplastic but nothing more anymore. So drive back to harbour, stop take one more picture  pike with me and Vili on sunsed light. Then back to home, and then cleaning fish. Today we again ate fish and ships finnish version.

Sorry my english, i am too lazy use google translator.

I put some pictures and wait when Shappo send me video clip and put it then here.

Jani

P7272085_small.jpg

P7272093_small.jpg

P7272091_small.jpg

P7272094_small.jpg

P7272095_small.jpg

P7272097_small.jpg

P7272103_small.jpg

Edited by JaniFIN
  • Like 4

Video with mixed bad english/ bad finnish languages. I am not sure even my self what i speak on this video😂😂.

And thanks again to Shappo for video.

Edited by JaniFIN
  • Like 1

@big Neil  I have biger net, but i let it home becouse it take so much space and we went first only boating and swimming with family.

Btw, Shappo was last evening alone fishing same spot, on shore with out boat. He did fight 20minute with 100-120cm pike, but pike bite cut 0.40mm fluorocarbon.

Btw2. I just notice that you have catch 101cm flathead!!?!?! 😲. Ihave been keep target 100cm flathead, but now i have upgrade my target to 105cm flathead. ( Good reason travel to Australia again 😉 )

13 hours ago, JaniFIN said:

@big Neil  I have biger net, but i let it home becouse it take so much space and we went first only boating and swimming with family.

Btw, Shappo was last evening alone fishing same spot, on shore with out boat. He did fight 20minute with 100-120cm pike, but pike bite cut 0.40mm fluorocarbon.

Btw2. I just notice that you have catch 101cm flathead!!?!?! 😲. Ihave been keep target 100cm flathead, but now i have upgrade my target to 105cm flathead. ( Good reason travel to Australia again 😉 )

Any reason to visit Australia is a good one Jani. Yes the monster Flathead was caught at a place called Corner Inlet which is a large bay in the Gippsland area of Victoria. My father in law and I had a fantastic days fishing, catching many 50 cm Flathead, 2 at a time on paternoster rigs. I have never had another day like it!. Good luck with your quest for a metre long Pike. Cheers, bn