Fishing in Sydney with Lures

Azza_Fishing

Hi 

I am going fishing this weekend and I was wondering where would the best place to fish in Sydney, with lures (Zman slim swimz and grubz). 

I would like to go someplace where you can catch big flatties and bream. I live in Castle Hill, so the maximum driving time I can do is 2 hours to get there. 

Any Suggestions?

Cheers 

Azza_Fishing 

Closer still is Berrowra waters.

Have a poke around both sides of the ferry.

Although, it does get a bit of a hiding on the weekends.

Have a look around Brooklyn too.

Alternately there are walking tracks that will get you to some of the spots in middle harbour  like Bantry Bay and fig tree bay.

Good luck

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

If you don’t want to eat the fish you catch ( or not a lot of them anyway  ) the parramatta river has kilometres of walk/ cycle ways from parramatta down to meadowbank and there are all sorts of flats and snags to fish ( The guy on YouTube on the windsor bait and tackle channel is always pulling bream , flathead and jewies out of there ) also  there is a sand flat at cabaritta point  And around the putney boat ramp but i would be careful  wading there in summer as the place is crawling with bull sharks , there are some options up behind the iron cove bridge also  . Wading the flats at rose bay is another option along with the beach at balmoral , the creek upstream of roseville bridge had a good walking track and a few flats and snags to fish . Up behind halvorsens boat shed at bobbin head also has a track that follows the creek and it has some goos flats and drop offs . 
2 hours drive from castle hill ( not in peak hour !) would put botany bay within range  and there are acres of flats there - just watch out for the rays and numbfish -  shoes are a must in any of the places i have mentioned .
One thing i like to do is jump on google maps or even better goole earth and look for sand flats , then i get onto google street view and hunt down access points and parking . 
Don’t forget Narrabeen lake  or the bays on the eastern side of pittwater either although finding free parking can be a challenge !
p.s you have some good bass fishing right on your doorstep - just follow the creek up from berowra to newline road .

Ian.

• Like 2