Obelisk - Rock fishing

Praga

Hi Guys,

I am planning to fish in the below rocks near obelisk beach with my partner. Can someone help me with how to access this spot?

I am worried that the climb might be difficult for my partner.

image.thumb.png.f73836b42649c1ee36aecba0ba5bbaa7.png

Thanks,

Praga

Hi Mate,

It has been about 15 years since I've bothered fishing there (ever since they started charging for parking). We used to park at the last car park before the gates to the Chowder bay buildings and then head to the cliff and there was a relatively easy walk down along the cliff which used to drop down and to the left towards Obelisk beach.

Obelisk.thumb.JPG.b59d4985c76a783e2f7cecf2abe246fa.JPG

How agile is your partner. I'd probably have a plan B for the day if you decide it is not worth heading down there.

Sorry I can't be of more help but it has been a long time.

Regards,

Derek

Edited by DerekD
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Rebel said:

Don't forget that is a gay/ nude beach nearby.

Cheers.

Forget about nudes on the beach. Remember about perverts in the bushes around the beach. They are usually harmless, however my  partner was not much happy. 

Back to the topic. From memory - there are a few small parkings in the area,  some of them have short easy tracks that  lead straight to ledges.  No climbing skills were required.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DerekD said:

Hi Mate,

It has been about 15 years since I've bothered fishing there (ever since they started charging for parking). We used to park at the last car park before the gates to the Chowder bay buildings and then head to the cliff and there was a relatively easy walk down along the cliff which used to drop down and to the left towards Obelisk beach.

Obelisk.thumb.JPG.b59d4985c76a783e2f7cecf2abe246fa.JPG

How agile is your partner. I'd probably have a plan B for the day if you decide it is not worth heading down there.

Sorry I can't be of more help but it has been a long time.

Regards,

Derek

Hi Mate,

Thanks for the information. I managed to find the track using the picture :)

My partner is less agile and I definitely go with plan B.

Kind regards,

Praga

10 hours ago, savit said:

Forget about nudes on the beach. Remember about perverts in the bushes around the beach. They are usually harmless, however my  partner was not much happy. 

Back to the topic. From memory - there are a few small parkings in the area,  some of them have short easy tracks that  lead straight to ledges.  No climbing skills were required.

Hi Mate,

I discussed it with the partner and she is ok with it.

We usually fish on the bradleys head rocks. Just wanted a change so exploring new spots which are not affected by waves or swell.

I will give it go this weekend based on wind and weather conditions.

Thanks,

Praga