Whats the strangest bait you have ever tried & it worked?

Very cool indeed. Time to raid the young blokes lego. Sure a lot of people have tried some offbeat tactics. Cheese, Bacon rind, hot chips and a jelly baby have all caught for me. Hit the canals on the gold coast one night with BBQ chicken skin and scraps on light jigheads the bream went beserk. 

• Like 1

Green peas n corn on a1/0suicide next to the large ships on the wharfs in newcastle harbour when i was a kid  they used to send all the food scraps down a chute from their kitchens  the bream were lined up

• Like 1
4 hours ago, masterfisho7 said:

Pork from Christmas dinner bream loved it

Sounds like they like all the white meat varieties because I hear they love chicken to 😂

Not as bait, but I once used garlic chicken scraps as burley (night time). When the bream were lifted out of the water, I could smell them a little bit, then when gutted, it was strong garlic smells for miles around. I could taste a faint garlic odour in the bream when eating them. Every bream was stinky garlic when gutted.

Slices of bacon used a couple of times, but the eels turned up before anything else.

• Like 1

Well forget about the bait or the lego, got one better. 

I can actually still remember when I was a kid fishing inside the breakwall near the back of the co-op at Nelson bay catching slimies with no bait, just a hook.

They was a massive school were in there in a frenzy taking anything shiny.

End up catching 75 in about 30/40 minutes, great fun, I dont think I even kept any as being a kid of about 10 years old it was just fun catching fish with just a hook :thumbup:

That was back in the day when the wall was shorter, used to get dolphins & other creatures in there back then to.

I recall @Scratchie saying he had a similar experience when the Kingie cages broke up at Broughton & the kings were just taking the shiny hooks with no bait :biggrinthumb: