Mrsswordies news

mrsswordfisherman

Wish to apologise for not answering pms and report post notifications for the last few days. 

My first grandchild was born on 23rd August 2020 in UK to my daughter and son in law. 

We were supposed to be there for a month to help them with becoming new parents. 
Of course due to COVID-19 we were unable to fly there. 

We will be virtual Nanny and Pop until we can get to meet our Matilda. Thank god for technology. She is a good sleeper and feeds well already. 

Here she is cuddling her Koala toy ❤️

One of the “fishing related” gifts we bought is the fish activity mat where she can push the marine life around. When she eventually come to Australia we can introduce her to real fishing 🎣

8EF5056E-C55D-438C-8F4A-52A36464E700.jpeg

358A8F86-F0A7-472D-8136-8BF18849715C.jpeg

• Like 19

Congratulations Donna.

Thought you had abandoned the forum  :074: (only kidding)

My daughter moved to Qld a few weeks ago to beat the shutdown, now talk to the grand kids on Skype, not the same as in real time.

• Like 1

Congratulations, grandkids are great, it's kind of hard to explain, but with your own kids, you are busy with "life" when they are growing up, you still love them, well, most of the time, but, grandkids are completely different, nothing beats the love for them. I am blessed to have the ones I have, and they live close by, love taking them fishing, fooling around at the beach and just generally being a "papa" 

• Like 1

Congratulations . It is a shame that this covid thing has prevented many family's from being together at such times. Grand kids are special. I have 4, 3 girls one boy eldest girl is 25 and and youngest is 10 going on 30, they are all great and a major part of my life.

I'm sure that when these restrictions are lifted you will be able to travel and share your granddaughters company.

Frank

• Like 1

Congratulations to Granma and Grandad Swordies and well done to your daughter. She will always remember the "special circumstances" of bringing her first child into the world amid a pandemic. Thankfully everything went well and life will continue, somewhat affected, until you can all get together.. Good luck, hopefully you will all stay safe and manage to get together in the near future. bn

• Like 1

The Covid 19 has had an effect upon all of us, in many and varied ways.  It is a year that we will never forget.  Nice to see that there are patches of joy that come into our lives.  Congratulations, and I do hope you will be able to visit your Grand child in the very near future.

• Like 1