Bate Bay

Yowie

Headed out early this morning to catch the sunrise near Kurnell.

Must have found a patch of reef, as it was reddies to 29cm, and the piggie. Drifted off the reef and onto many little spiky flatties, and eventually a couple of just legal blue spots. Not much wind, so was a slow drift.

Decided to head out to deeper water, and must have dropped onto another patch of reef that I did not know about (don't have a depth sounder in my tinny, just look at the marks on the shore line). Reddies, pike, maori wrasse, red rock cod, nothing worth keeping.

Moved back closer to try a few spots, and the wind just dropped off to nothing and the showers started up. Must have landed on a patch of blue spots as I pulled up a few more in among the spikeys.

Not big blue spots, the best only 37cm, but enough for a couple of feeds.

A few dolphins here and there, and 2 small seals cruising about.

fish.jpeg.263_files.thumb.jpg.74fffe8eea400475164580b3dac52160.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Restyle said:

nice haul, i quite enjoy your reports
did i see you heading inter gunners at about 10ish in a white tinny?

I have a white tinny, but don't remember what time it was, was not paying attention to the time. I just pack up when I have enough fish and head home.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimg1au said:

Would you like a depth sounder for free hummingbird 128 wide it works took it out of my boat last week allcables

No thanks. I can get by without one, have done so for 50 years in my tinny's.

• Like 1

Great haul, again. A few weeks and my girl should be back in the water. First outing will be bottom bashing for flatties. My 7yo wants to catch two flatheads at once on an over head reel with a gimbel belt on.... one to many fishing shows I think lol 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Plumb said:

Great haul, again. A few weeks and my girl should be back in the water. First outing will be bottom bashing for flatties. My 7yo wants to catch two flatheads at once on an over head reel with a gimbel belt on.... one to many fishing shows I think lol 

I regularly catch double headers with flatties, but it is usually those little spiky flatties. Be careful with those, as the dorsal spines are poisonous and cause an aching sensation for an hour or so if they spike the fingers.

I have used a gimbal belt, but that is for my surf rod only.

Watching too many fishing shows 😂but at least he is thinking about it.