Towing Ski/Donut in Botany

GoingFishing

I don't see any skiing/towing in the bay proper & not sure it's that's because of traffic or it's not allowed but you do see them doing this in the George's from Cptn cook bridge back & a lot of people use the Georges river national park area as a family area & launching from to ski & tube.

Activities like that are popular in lots of areas of the hacking, so much so I tend not to fish it during school holidays as they just ruin the session.

Depends where your from I guess but the Napean would also be a good option I'd say.

Edited by kingie chaser

I have seen quite a few people using tubes and skiing in the bay and I am pretty sure there is an annual ski race still in the bay. 

You can legally ski/tube anywhere except where towing is prohibited.  Tube even through speed zones is fine. 

Fishing at Mol point one day I did get a laugh when this lady skis past right along the wall 🤣.

25387AF9-3673-46DE-A36E-A5A86AE0AAED.jpeg

Edited by Welster
Typo

yeah you can tow anywere on the bay and the georges river as long as you stick to the usual rules like distances off other boats, the shore and the usual 8 knot zones. Right up the river there may be signs saying no towing along revesby but everywhere else you can go for gold

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

So is there a map anywhere that outlines "no tow" areas.

Ps- fear not fellow raiders....i will not be doing any towing in the usual fishing areas...ill be closer to the hustle and bustle

Edited by GoingFishing

10 hours ago, GoingFishing said:

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

So is there a map anywhere that outlines "no tow" areas.

Ps- fear not fellow raiders....i will not be doing any towing in the usual fishing areas...ill be closer to the hustle and bustle

Here is a link to the RMS map for the George's river.  https://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/documents/maritime/usingwaterways/maps/boating-maps/9e-lower-georges-woronora-rivers.pdf

The hatched area and the picture of the skier show the no towing zone.   On the bank or a marker or something there will be a sign at the start of each zone with an arrow.  

98EC2F4C-FB6D-42C9-BB11-72A211C4420A.png

67D61BCB-A51B-40D4-AE9E-FD7324C7D59B.png

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Welster said:

Here is a link to the RMS map for the George's river.  https://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/documents/maritime/usingwaterways/maps/boating-maps/9e-lower-georges-woronora-rivers.pdf

The hatched area and the picture of the skier show the no towing zone.   On the bank or a marker or something there will be a sign at the start of each zone with an arrow.  

98EC2F4C-FB6D-42C9-BB11-72A211C4420A.png

67D61BCB-A51B-40D4-AE9E-FD7324C7D59B.png

Thanks Welster - Champion !

Interestingly when i looked at the Botany Bay map on the RMS website - the legend item for "no towing" doesnt exist on that map all ! - seemingly.....because no part of that map is no towing 

1 hour ago, GoingFishing said:

Thanks Welster - Champion !

Interestingly when i looked at the Botany Bay map on the RMS website - the legend item for "no towing" doesnt exist on that map all ! - seemingly.....because no part of that map is no towing 

I'd say you are right.