What boat to upgrade to?

OZrevhead

17 hours ago, OZrevhead said:

Damn thats getting heavy, it might be ok with the electric jockey wheel idea, does it grip on grass?

My last boat felt very heavy too, what do you think that would have weighed? It was a 4.4m rear steer tinny but it was a big solid boat with welded in framework for the thick level floor and a 40HP merc, I read somewhere of a hull similar to mine being 380kg, would that be right?

@ frankS - thanks mate

@ Welster - thats a very god idea actually (towbar at the front)

😁

does it grip on grass?

Sometimes I have to get the better half to lean on back of boat to keep up momentum, but only on the rare occasion, wet grass or bumps or if I hesitate and stop the momentum.

But I have 15 metres of grass to ride over and sometimes it's pretty thick. and tyres not always up to correct pressure which makes it much more difficult to move.

Frank

Edited by frankS

611644794_houselayout.thumb.jpg.b6c6bd395151a13a5fbf93192f1e2401.jpg

This is a rough layout of my property. Follow the arrows and it shows the path I need to take to get my boat out to the road from it's shed. The driveway between the house and fence is only about 8 feet wide so no hope of using car to back down as there is no swing. Then I have an acute right angle to get between the house and the front garage, then another right angle to get to go down the back yard, then slight bend over 15 metres of grass and into the boat shed.

Doing this before I got the electric jockey wheel was a 2-3 person job, now I can mostly manage by myself.

Takes me around 10 minutes from boat shed to back of car. The property is 55.5 metres from road to back fence.

Hope this is of some help.

Frank

Edited by frankS
  • Like 1

Mine is the opposite of yours:

image.png.11060498f8e7c0a12dc36344b64efb80.png

The green section is retaining wall/raised yard, so I only have the red part to get the boat onto the lawn, the driveway is also strongly uphill from the road so I drive up the driveway, unhitch the trailer and roll it back by hand onto the lawn. Then I spin it 180 and reverse it up the driveway (a little uphill here), reserve the car up and hitch it up to go.

Edited by OZrevhead