LBG nsw

Will Wright

Hi guys am planning a fishing/camping trip these upcoming holidays. I'm looking for somewhere that's under 7 hour drive from Sydney and that is fairly remote. I'm going to take my heavy setups and looking to chase some land based game preferably off the rocks. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, scottyboy said:

Hey mate it's a little bit early for chasing tuna etc of the rocks. But places like Charlotte head south of forster have kings year round, that's a nice easy drive from Sydney. 

Cheers Scotty 

What’s the accessibility  like there? Off the rocks? 

It’s easy to get to just got to walk past the nudie beach .Suggest if you go to walk out there and sus it out before you fish. Seagull point (first point from the beach) is a good first spot to try .Just look on google maps mate 👍. It’s an awesome place to fish especially in feb, March and April .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scottyboy said:

It’s easy to get to just got to walk past the nudie beach .Suggest if you go to walk out there and sus it out before you fish. Seagull point (first point from the beach) is a good first spot to try .Just look on google maps mate 👍. It’s an awesome place to fish especially in feb, March and April .

Ok thanks mate ! I’ll flick some stickbaits around - what have u had luck with there for kings? 

My only pick is Byron rocks but thats a little far for you I am guessing but its the most easterly point of a Australia with a gnarly drop off. I fished there a 2 months ago and didn't see anything so I cant really talk. Mind you it was full moon. Locals say they have got good GT and kingfish in the warmer months. 

Jan can be a bit early  seal rocks under lighthouse  boomerang  charlotte booti  cape hawke  al have kings n macktuna  during off season  lontails can be down that far at xmas some years but not till after aust day other years   point perpindicular at laurieton  point plomer  hat head and hungry head   list goes on  mutton bird at coffs   whod a thought it nth of coffs  caught big kings there   iluka breakwall   then thers always head south  pulpit and other spots at greencape eden  for kings and yfin

• Like 1