Broken bay flatties

Fun2fish

Nice work man! 🤙

I was out there on Saturday and saw a few splashes while I was anchored up so I didn't investigate. Was hoping they'd stay around so I could have a crack but by the time the sun had come up a bit higher they had disappeared. Can't wait, hopefully not too much longer! Always good fun on light gear - May try them on the wand. 😁

19 minutes ago, Fun2fish said:

So I know blue spots live in deeper water but I always get a bit of a surprise when they chase a hooked fish to the surface. Makes me wonder about inshore flatties where we usually fish lures on the bottom would a midsurface work in a few metres

If hungry, flatties will rise up to take food, and hopefully lures, though it is best to keep the lure nearer the bottom where the flatties are waiting to ambush anything of value that swims past.

Blue spots will follow a hooked fish up from the bottom on occasions to the surface. At times, I have hooked up a small spiky flattie, retrieved it some distance from the bottom then felt a bigger hit on the line, then pulled up a blue spot that has followed up the spiky and grabbed the second bait.

On 9/14/2020 at 3:14 PM, Fun2fish said:

Hi all went out 5,30 start for blue spots a bit of moving around till I found some legal fish kept about 7 for family and let heaps go as I prefer to keep mid size around 40 to 50 cm good news is surface action was around warmer water not far off cheers

Mate it might be just me but if your giving a report the title itself sort of implies that you would give a bit more deatiled account of the trip as per this guide.