Davy Robinson Boat Ramp

shakey55

There is a boat ramp behind the old Flower Power on Newbridge Road, Moorebank called

DAVY ROBINSON BOAT RAMP

I’ve been told that ramp has been done up in the last couple of years. 

My question is - Has anyone used this ramp recently and what is it like. 

The last time I used it was a couple of years ago.   It was pretty easy to use with a pontoon beside it.  The jet skis buzzing the back of people trying to load their boats were a pest.

When I look at the water there it's hard to fathom why I use to water ski there so often 🤮.    Also be aware we have found needles there in the past. 

On 9/15/2020 at 2:38 PM, jeffb5.8 said:

I think the ramp was Upgraded in late 2018, never used it myself.

Jeff I know I asked a couple years ago, and then I didn’t get much of a response. I think I asked just after the upgrade. I have looked at google earth and it looks good, but I’d like to hear from someone who uses it 

3 hours ago, shakey55 said:

Jeff I know I asked a couple years ago, and then I didn’t get much of a response. I think I asked just after the upgrade. I have looked at google earth and it looks good, but I’d like to hear from someone who uses it 

I didn’t even notice the link I posted was started by you back then 😂 

On 9/17/2020 at 5:11 AM, kingie chaser said:

Given the ramp is only 2 years old & by the look of the images has everything you need in a pontoon, ample parking I can't see how there would be any issues with it.

Maybe you just need to go & inspect it!

Kingie - I’ve no doubt that the ramp itself is okay, but a few years ago there were trailers being stolen from the car park by the local shite heads.  I was hoping there would have been some regulars users on here that may have some recent knowledge. 

26 minutes ago, shakey55 said:

Kingie - I’ve no doubt that the ramp itself is okay, but a few years ago there were trailers being stolen from the car park by the local shite heads.  I was hoping there would have been some regulars users on here that may have some recent knowledge. 

Sure, its an issue everywhere.

I just dont get why councils dont install CCTV cameras at all ramps, should be in their duty of care really!!!!

Most of the timethe funding comes from the state gov so you would thiink local council could at least put in some security measures!

It doesnt instil you with confidence when this is in the car park in the google maps images!

All I would say is maybe take a wheel clamp or chain for the trailer wheel over the usual hitch locks etc.

1604193954_Davyramp(2).thumb.png.0487f5242b9d5bcd9afaf898f47ef1ad.png

Edited by kingie chaser