rod restoration ( rod guides and tips )advice needed .

leonardgid

hi there , need to replace a number of  guides and tips  on a few old rods , these rods  are nothing fancy !  kmart , BigW, cheap online rods , so there is no need for expensive  tips and guides , but i also  i  do not want to keep replacing  the guides  so a guide that will last  would be ideal ,  can anyone advice on  a type of guide/tips  that will be reasonably affordable  please.

They may be a few cents more but Fuji is what you want.

Especially if you dont want to keep repacing them!

Just go to Ana-conda at west gosford or a local tackle store& have a look for a pricing guide on the Ana-conda website, they are only about $2.50-7.99 depending on the size you need.

Edited by kingie chaser

All good advice above.

Something like Fuji BSVOG guides are what you're after I reckon. They're cheap, good quality and the frames won't rust if you wash your gear down after a trip.

Doing up some oldies is a great way to get into rod building.

Don't forget, along with some thread you'll need some varnish or epoxy and possibly some filler as well to seal your bindings.

5 hours ago, noelm said:

Most decent tackle stores will have a selection, especially if you find one that still builds rods.

i do my pricing  online before  i buy  anything , this way i get the absolute best deal always , 

Edited by leonardgid

1 hour ago, Green Hornet said:

All good advice above.

Something like Fuji BSVOG guides are what you're after I reckon. They're cheap, good quality and the frames won't rust if you wash your gear down after a trip.

Don't forget, along with some thread you'll need some varnish or epoxy and possibly some filler as well to seal your bindings.

thank you for a great answer , i also checked out some other  websites over this issue , what is your opinion on the old 

5 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

They may be a few cents more but Fuji is what you want.

Especially if you dont want to keep repacing them!

Just go to Ana-conda at west gosford or a local tackle store& have a look for a pricing guide on the Ana-conda website, they are only about $2.50-7.99 depending on the size you need.

thank you  i will look them up online  and compare  prices with others selling  similar  items ,

1 hour ago, Green Hornet said:

All good advice above.

what i was looking for , ive got a stand/lathe  set up ,  and filler,  varnish , thank you for your help really good advice . 

14 minutes ago, leonardgid said:

thank you for a great answer , i also checked out some other  websites over this issue , what is your opinion on the old 

If you meant to ask what my opinion of the old rods is, its a tough one to answer without more info, but assuming they're most likely fibreglass construction, they're great around the rocks or anywhere they get treated roughly, as anything with graphite in it will fail if its dinged or bruised.

1 minute ago, Green Hornet said:

If you meant to ask what my opinion of the old rods is, its a tough one to answer without more info, but assuming they're most likely fibreglass construction, they're great around the rocks or anywhere they get treated roughly, as anything with graphite in it will fail if its dinged or bruised.

no, i looked up a US fishing site  and i came across some good advice  on guides , (aluminium oxide fuji) i think its the exact same thing  , never mind i will follow your advice , looked up the price and they really are affordable  so i will go with them , ... rods are fibreglass and i am  hard on tackle at times so i will stick with them for now , thanks again ,

• Like 1