Blue Water Fishing Off JB

SnappaDAX

Hi Raiders, new to site and first post.

My mate is buying a rig equipped for blue water fishing and we are looking at fishing out of JB. 

Just wanted to get some info on how good it is out there and best ramp to launch. I read the shelf is 17km out, is this correct?

Any other advice would be great. 

Cheers 

Edited by SnappaDAX
Typo

• SnappaDAX changed the title to Blue Water Fishing Off JB

Welcome aboard Snappa, my 1st suggestion to newbies is to use the search tab & have a look for existing info on any subject, including theis one.

Infact if you throw Jervis bay fishing into google amongst the results you will more thatn likely from the FR site.

Reading some of these other threads can give you more great information that you may not have been looking for!

It can be a bit finicky so choose the word you use carefully

Good luck-

https://www.fishraider.com.au/search/?q=jervis&quick=1

Welcome to the site SnappaDax.

The two good ramps on the southern side of the bay are Woolamia and Murrays Beach.

Both are suitable for largish trailer boats, with the main difference between the two being the distance of the run to the heads.

Keep in mind if you choose to launch at Murrays, that an entry fee into the National Park applies and there is are no fish cleaning facilities.

I'm not sure of the actual distance, but I do believe the distance from Jervis Bay to the shelf is one of the shortest trips along the NSW coast.

If you're planning on running that far offshore, there are also good ramps at Greenwell Point and Crookhaven Heads. Just a little north of the bay.

On 9/24/2020 at 9:19 AM, Green Hornet said:

Welcome to the site SnappaDax.

The two good ramps on the southern side of the bay are Woolamia and Murrays Beach.

Both are suitable for largish trailer boats, with the main difference between the two being the distance of the run to the heads.

Keep in mind if you choose to launch at Murrays, that an entry fee into the National Park applies and there is are no fish cleaning facilities.

I'm not sure of the actual distance, but I do believe the distance from Jervis Bay to the shelf is one of the shortest trips along the NSW coast.

If you're planning on running that far offshore, there are also good ramps at Greenwell Point and Crookhaven Heads. Just a little north of the bay.

Perfect thanks mate. We will be doing plenty of exploring and sussing out the area to find the best spot. Appreciate the info!

On 9/24/2020 at 7:20 AM, noelm said:

I guess it depends on what your "blue water" fishing involves, drifting for Flathead, Snapper fishing, Tuna/Marlin?

All of the above mate! We need to buy gear for marlin but that is what we are aiming towards. I believe there's good spots for king fish out that way.

On 9/24/2020 at 6:39 AM, kingie chaser said:

Welcome aboard Snappa, my 1st suggestion to newbies is to use the search tab & have a look for existing info on any subject, including theis one.

Infact if you throw Jervis bay fishing into google amongst the results you will more thatn likely from the FR site.

Reading some of these other threads can give you more great information that you may not have been looking for!

It can be a bit finicky so choose the word you use carefully

Good luck-

https://www.fishraider.com.au/search/?q=jervis&quick=1

Thanks Kingie, have been doing heaps of research on here and have already found lots of needed info.

Cheers