It’s a big bay (Jervis!)any help appreciated!

Mutt

Hey!

Heading down to Callala Beach for a week and heading out in the boat (Quintrex Coastrunner 475 60hp) into Jervis Bay for a bit of fishing!

Planning on staying in the bay but would appreciate any advice on areas to fish- particularly closer to Callala Bay ramp- targeting flathead, bream, whiting etc
Also can you pump nippers around Myola?

Any help greatly appreciated!!

Hope everyone gets a fish in this weekend- weather down South looks great!

Cheers,

Mutt

You can pump Nippers practically anywhere in the creek with a bit of scouting around, it might still be a bit cold for Whiting, but during summer I have caught them on most beaches in JB, Flathead drifting in the bay itself is not all that productive I have found, they are there, but hard work, I have caught more from the shore, just walking along with lures. Most Bream I have caught in the bay have been close in at the ends of beaches where the rocks start, plenty of Squid on the Ribbon Weed beds off the beach too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Noelm- much appreciated! I know there’s a lot of reports on JB already in here but always good to get something current!

Really aiming for the kids to catch a few fish instead of glued to their screens!

• Like 1

Yeah, close to the shore seems better for Flathead than in the bay itself, most times out in the deep water you will get lots of small ones, and the very odd keeper, but that's about it. I have done pretty well drifting near the cliffs out at the "heads" , got some decent "mixed bags" at times, middle ground used to be good, haven't fished it for years now, the last few times I was there divers showed up and thought they owned the place.

• Thanks 1