Raider collab round 2

dirvin21

got a message from James saying he's in the area, no other option but to make time for a session, the aim of the day Jacks and GTs.

The river was looking great low tide with first push of the run in, and small trevs busting up along the edges, excitement building. James started out with a small plastic and me a 68mm tango shad, wasn't long before James got nailed by a above average GT but unfortunetly missed the hook-up. We kept the casts going with my aim of a jack continuing, I landed cast after cast along the timber for nothing but a small flattie, and then out of nowhere the brutal hit and run I know well, it was quite a fight the fish taking some solid runs but with plenty of pressure a flash of red

236536428_20201006_09000121.thumb.jpg.e837338447b6b95c0395caf9f52fa1a9.jpg

the fist pumps, high fives and chants were going, a beautiful 47cm satan, 

with that James changed tactics to try for a Jack, he put some good casts along the edges didn't take long for a take we were hooping for a small jack but ended up with a nice flattie

P1010467.thumb.JPG.4a908a947cbf613691e30a661adec098.JPG

We moved to a new bank continuing on our jack quest, working some timber another solid take this time a flash of silver 

P1010469.JPG.29fd824b2d9bf11cc408dbd47efbe53a.JPG

a nice GT, 

along the next bank the bait was thick on the trees but nothing chasing it then a perfect log with small butterfish all over it I got blown away but a big red beast, nothing like loosing a $21 tango shad.

Re-tyed we continued on working the timber, another take and a dark flash I first thought small jack but turned out to be a small cod

P1010471.thumb.JPG.d2e14a92bf4965dee92a6eca0e2a8cbc.JPG

After a couple of missed trevs we did a quick run upriver looking for some more trevs, we hit the tree where James got his first GT last time and we weren't disappointed a saw the flash of solver come out and eat his lure 

P1010473.thumb.JPG.08dcf3339af2bfaf14885efb34d6945a.JPG

A nice GT and a new pb for James well deserved he worked hard for it, we had a few dropped GT's along that edge, put a few casts with a small crank along a gravel bed looking for bream

P1010474.thumb.JPG.a435e42b64cdacc82cf6e7315c37c72b.JPG

a reasonable bream, but with time running low we shot back down river to hit a couple of bait filled trees to see if the trevs had moved in once the current picked up, I pulled the hooks on a GT thinking that was it James kept casting while I put the gear away before heading in James gets hit this time the hooks stuck James had quite a battle on a locked drag

P1010476.thumb.JPG.5757f34e219e8448bba453db5b874c57.JPG

another nice GT for James to finish the session, we didn't get a lot of fish but great quality certainly made for an awesome session.

Hopefully the start of a memorable jack season 

cheers for reading 

Dave  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Jezz Dave you really are the master of your domain. By the photos I would have thought you were in central Queensland some were not mid north coast NSW. Great to see you mentoring younger raiders . Keep up the reports mate.

Cheers Scotty 

• Like 1