Back to the Future Botany Flathead

RodHogger

Hi All

Been about 10 years since I last posted - used to fish Botany a bit with my son "RodHogger 1" before he turned into a teenager and life happened. Lucky enough to still be doing things together but mostly surfing in Bali, Sumatra, etc but this year with COVID we cant get away and we have therefore reinvested in a little tinnie last month (like I am sure a lot of others have also)

RH now is somewhat older and has a boat licence so can drive around the old man so spent a couple of hours yesterday throwing soft plastics at some of our favourite flathead spots and managed a couple of keepers at 55cm each for the pan

IMG_3384.thumb.jpeg.5a97a26c36b573eb011f7e268d02ff7e.jpeg

Having had this much fun we went back today although the wind was a problem on the eastern side of Towra so tucked around the western side and RH managed to land this 75cm lady

IMG_1660.thumb.jpg.0a4c601ed3bef1de5ce594b029aa6029.jpg  

Looks awfully familiar to another shot I took below almost 11 years ago with a fish the same size. Looking forward to some more Rodhogger revival action in coming months!

Image002.thumb.jpg.49e2ee46a226d2a86bcda50176a978a5.jpg

• Like 14

Welcome home :) @RodHogger

Love the comparison shots!

Poor old Indonesia. Bali is really suffering with no tourism and I can only imagine Mentawai.

Perhaps it will go back to being like the early 70’s when I first visited, untouched by hoards of tourists, pristine and magnificent! 

On this day, 12 Oct in 2002, two bombs at Paddy's Irish Bar and the nearby Sari Club in the Kuta area of Bali were detonated by terrorists killing 202 people from 21 countries including 88 Australians.

Back to fishing 🎣🐟🐠

Look forward to reading your fishing reports 👍

mrsswordie

• Like 1