Quick inkers in the arvo

jenno64

Hit the bay for and hour this arvo on a squid mission for a weekend bbq. Great conditions and started on fire with three good sized hoods within the first five minutes. Things then went pretty quiet and there was a lot of snotty weed in the water fouling my jigs. Picked up a bait sized model on the way back. Back at the ramp by 6ish with cleaned tubes ready to go this weekend!

IMG_7614.jpg

IMG_7616 (3).jpg

IMG_7617.jpg

• Like 11

Nice bag of green eyes 👍, I’m only managing 2 to 3 lollipops or the odd single 30cm hood length in a session 

It’s tough going when the same area you’re fishing & competing with sharks & seals, lifted one out the other morning & saw a shark on the surface track the same line I’d just pulled the squid in, it was about 2m long & only disappeared when it was about to hit the rocks

Edited by 61 crusher

12 hours ago, 61 crusher said:

Nice bag of green eyes 👍, I’m only managing 2 to 3 lollipops or the odd single 30cm hood length in a session 

It’s tough going when the same area you’re fishing & competing with sharks & seals, lifted one out the other morning & saw a shark on the surface track the same line I’d just pulled the squid in, it was about 2m long & only disappeared when it was about to hit the rocks

Crusher

I've seen the squid go very quiet when the dolphins come through in the bay, I also find if you find one big hood there will be usually another in the same spot😉

On 10/16/2020 at 8:36 AM, jenno64 said:

Crusher

I've seen the squid go very quiet when the dolphins come through in the bay, I also find if you find one big hood there will be usually another in the same spot😉

Some good green eyes there for the bay Rob, and yes dolphins are not a fisherman’s best friend! 

On 10/16/2020 at 8:36 AM, jenno64 said:

Dolphins, seals & sharks definitely keeps them edgy, I did manage to pick up 3 small ones when the shark was around
 for some reason this year has been a bit tough whereas last year plenty of good sized ones (3 to 5+) most sessions all taken off the stones even in the middle of the day at times