Stonker pb bream! On zman slim swimz! Georges river 14/10/20

JamoDamo

G'day Raiders!

To say that my holidays and this past week has been a fun time is an understatement, I fished every single day two sessions each catching fish every session on lures! I bought a new lure rod after my previous stick decided to snap... However all is well and good as I have gotten around 14-18 fish on my new rod in a week or two worth of fishing! Still got some great sessions in with plenty of great fish!

Got some gorgeous flathead over the first few days and only kept one with releasing the rest interesting enough I also got a talior when they came up the river dialing in at 32cm along with a bunch of 45-55cm plus flathead!

Over the holidays and into the first week of the term I managed to get two stonka bream on lures the smaller one being 35cm and the other at a HUGE 41cm both released of course to make some more for me to catch and also the fact that they are just too beautiful to keep. The 41cm slammed the lure on the drop and I felt a lot of weight and set the hook hard resulting in the catch of the day.

Cheers for reading everyone! I know this may be a bit of a report in disarray but nonetheless i've been doing really well on the lures catching plenty of beautiful most of which have been released. I lost some very big fish over the holidays too namely an 80cm plus flathead that I lost just as I nearly won the fight.. A mullet snapping me off and losing many others that were around the same size as the ones I lost. 

75C2D9AC-C7F4-455E-B853-6EAA5F1E4071.JPG

IMG_1772.jpg

C37A5DDC-0D55-47DB-BD35-DA4E191F5573 (1).JPG

IMG_1742.jpg

IMG_1779 (1).jpg

56713655-3F3E-4FAD-9743-ACC016D52195.JPG

5F1267F0-5369-4527-8619-33C98C951C7D.JPG

Edited by JamoDamo
  • Like 18

On 10/14/2020 at 10:57 PM, Yowie said:

Nice collection of photos. Any bream that goes past the 40 mark is a good size, does not happen too often.

Also probably 25 odd years old by that point. Has probably earned the reprieve.

Great report too. Measuring up PBs sounds like a good holiday use for your school ruler!

• Like 1