Winnie Bay session, Avoca Beach

amulloway

Tough morning fishing at Winnie today. Made it down before sunrise and managed a decent spot despite there already being a half dozen fisherman on the ledges. 

Lobbed out every stickbait and soft plastic in my arsenal for zero interest. A few schools of salmon came through and managed a couple of hookups on metals pelted into the melee, but fish self-released when being landed (not too bothered about losing salmon!).

None of the kingies that I'd been hoping for although a fella next to me landed a huge Slimy and a small snapper on Gulps. Hopefully water warms up soon and bonnies and kings show themselves! 

For anyone interested in fishing down there by the time we left at 0830 there were well over 20 fisherman on the ledges (which is a lot for Winnie Bay, not a whole heap of room down there).

Good fishing all.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good report, I’m surprised it was that busy as I went for a quick walk around 8am on Saturday at the Avoca ledge & there were only 7 fishos,

didn’t see much caught except for a couple of tailor, two guys who normally fish bass point or the hill mentioned that it was dead down there & heard that C.Coast had been fishing well, from what I’ve seen & heard a few salmon not many & the odd king