Tiagra 50W Bearings

Brendan Monks

Hey Raiders,

I have tried searching through the site to see if anyone has replaced the 2 spool bearings in a Tiagra 50W (Part 576), or any size Tiagra for that reason?

I have recently had my mate from Freddys Fishing at Erina service 3 of my reels ready for Marlin season, but he doesn't know how / Doesn't want to touch the bearings...I have seen a few posts on here with those purchasing bearings off a certain seller on fleabay. Appreciate any comments or if know anyone who could have a look at these (For cash or beers of course !😁), if not I will send them to Shimano - Which they charge $50 per reel, not including parts and postage.

Cheers, Brendo

If the reels were mine i would s end them to Shimano or a certified Shimano service agent -that way you will get genuine parts ( quality) and someone who knows what they are doing and what to look for .

I have bought bearings off many ebay sellers for various things and it is a lottery as to what you will get but usually they are  crap .

I know one thing for sure I wouldn’t be a happy camper if i hooked a good Marlin , fought it for a couple of hours only to lose it because the reel that old mate up the road who also fixes mowers,  only charged a box of grog and “promised me he knows what he is doing “ butchered something or used cheap junk parts  causing it to lock up . 
Seriously - $50 labour a reel once a year isn’t that expensive when you look at what it cost you for everything else !

19 minutes ago, XD351 said:

If the reels were mine i would s end them to Shimano or a certified Shimano service agent -that way you will get genuine parts ( quality) and someone who knows what they are doing and what to look for .

I have bought bearings off many ebay sellers for various things and it is a lottery as to what you will get but usually they are  crap .

I know one thing for sure I wouldn’t be a happy camper if i hooked a good Marlin , fought it for a couple of hours only to lose it because the reel that old mate up the road who also fixes mowers,  only charged a box of grog and “promised me he knows what he is doing “ butchered something or used cheap junk parts  causing it to lock up . 
Seriously - $50 labour a reel once a year isn’t that expensive when you look at what it cost you for everything else !

Yeah agree, It will be $150 for my reels, plus parts & postage. Money isn't exactly the problem, I figured if any guys on here work at tackle shops etc. or have done them themselves, why not keep it local on the forum! ✌️

1 hour ago, noelm said:

The bearings are easy enough to replace, I would buy quality ones from a bearing place, or genuine, not internet cheap stuff.

The place I found them on Fleabay is a company I've seen others on here talk about (Pla*g Bearings) - Not looking to skimp on gamefishing gear at all!, Rebel in fact PMd the actual business through, which was the same seller on Fleabay 😁

49 minutes ago, Rebel said:

Brendan,

There is a guy in W.Gos. that sells bearings. Been there for years. Don't know whether he sells what you are after.

Cheers.

I know the guy from there, I'll pop in to check!

Cheers, Brendo

Mate that is reasonable amount for a high end reel.i had a Shimano charter special that was about 3 yrs old serviced cost around $20 less than the reel.next time around got bearings from Shimano to do myself still cost small fortune last time it started to play up was going to throw away gave it away instead bloody ridiculous 

• Thanks 1

Brendan I use a local guy up at Chittaway point usually charges $50 including parts on my spin reels some of them I’ve given him we’re pretty ordinary & came back better than new (drags) from what I believe he works on all types, PM me & let me know if you want his details

Cheers Dieter 

16 hours ago, 61 crusher said:

Worth a call, no harm in asking & minus freight & can get most parts (has contacts)

Thanks again for the number Dieter! I gave him a call yesterday arvo and he only uses the bearings I mentioned earlier that you can purchase online! Gonna get them installed by him next week.

Bring on the Marlins 😁🤙

• Like 1