Prawns galore

Pickles

I have noticed “jelly” prawns around in huge numbers just before this current spate of rain.

if Raiders are waiting for the prawns to be running (Whiting, bream kingfish etc), they have started. I scooped up several hundred in three or four sweeps of the net just before first light at the boat ramp each time I have launched in the past month - only small, but they’ve started.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

21 hours ago, Pickles said:

I have noticed “jelly” prawns around in huge numbers just before this current spate of rain.

if Raiders are waiting for the prawns to be running (Whiting, bream kingfish etc), they have started. I scooped up several hundred in three or four sweeps of the net just before first light at the boat ramp each time I have launched in the past month - only small, but they’ve started.

At the boat ramp? That sounds like my kind of bait collection! Where do you scoop?

Hey antman, I put my squid lights on (1m from the ramp) and they massed around the lights in their thousands. - this current spate of rain might knock them into going deeper to find saltwater though and Ihavent been out for nearly 2 weeks, so don’t know if they are still around?