Kings, Kings and more kings out wide.

Pickles

A big day on the water with over 40 kingfish boated and a PB salmon of 72cm - that makes 73 Kingies in 3 trips over the past week - thank you Jesus.

One of the Kingies had a tag from Nowra from 2 years ago. Live baits were slimies which were easy and we had thirty baits in about 20 minutes. I had a few cuttlefish from a previous session and most of the early kings fell to the cuttlies. They then switched preference and the following 30 fish were caught on slimie strips. Mitch who was “ partner fishing” in his boat got smoked by a BIG king on a downrigged live slimie. 

Only 2 Kingies kept, the rest released. 2 salmon were boated on a white shimano squidgie fish. The 72cm salmon was a monster and made 5 or 6 aerial leaps - love catching salmon.

The bananas did the job again.

5703E48D-CDCB-418A-9D48-B9C7E3A969C3.jpeg

ACFE53F5-5B3D-4729-AD99-CF607DA6F259.jpeg

A5692F9C-6D6C-4353-B1F2-6A72DB671BC7.jpeg

F6D51154-8267-4507-AF55-AED7FB8053A9.jpeg

Edited by Pickles
Spelling
  • Like 15
  • Haha 3

Bananas are my good luck charm as well but I never thought of bringing a whole bunch and stuffing them in my mouth in one go like that. Mate that is gold. Looks like a banana moustache the village people would be proud of.

Is that the coogee trag grounds you're on?

I used to fish there a lot in my younger days and the pros used to work it as well.

Nice to see there are still a lot of bananas there, oh and lots of fish too.

Little fisho, the live slimies from the Sydney artificial reef - heaps there, but sometimes leatherjacket come in and hammer anything droppped down. When this happens, fish higher up and not on the bottom.

33°50.797' S (Latitude), 151°17.988'E (Longitude) (WGS84 datum
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Pickles said:

The spot is Trag grounds off coggee - go get em Raiders, God made a big ocean for us all to enjoy.

Happy to share - “ He who waters, will himself be watered and a generous soul prospers”. Proverbs 11:25

Thanks for sharing, Pickles! I'm gonna give it ago, weather permitting, this Sunday. Reckon yakkas will do the trick? What depth were you dropping them and what rod setup? (Classic 50lb braid setup or 30lb?)

Thanks pickles and awesome effort on that number of kings!

2 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Cheers Donna.

Antman, -  I was fishing 2 ways (not at the same time) - completely unweighted and ALSO downrigging - I always mix it up. When sending floaters back, I was berleying with fish frames.

Great idea with the fish frames! And were you at anchor?