Just heard that a boat belonging to a friend of a friend has been stolen. It's a Carribean half cab, Rego # Vx938N Trailer rego TE 67cQ with 115 Mercury motor. that's about all I know at the moment . was taken while parked on the street in Wadalba around the central coast areas.

Will post more as I learn more details.

Frank

Edited by frankS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's unfortunate but that's why people usually have insurance :whistling:

The good thing though these days is once any registered vehicle is reported stolen it is then in the data base of police & number plates are scanned by patrol vehicles & alarm bells ring once scanned.

If it's not on the road then that's harder to pick up.

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Confused 1
1 minute ago, kingie chaser said:

It's unfortunate but that's why people usually have insurance :whistling:

Insurance or not i think the task at hand is to find the boat (and consequently....the scum who stole it)

5 minutes ago, GoingFishing said:

Insurance or not i think the task at hand is to find the boat (and consequently....the scum who stole it)

That's what the police are for dude 🤪

Edited by kingie chaser
4 minutes ago, kingie chaser said:

That's what the police are for dude 🤪

Not all of us are law obiding citizens 😎😎

If some scum stole my boat id like to have a "few quiet words" with him first before handing him to the police

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, GoingFishing said:

Not all of us are law obiding citizens 😎😎

If some scum stole my boat id like to have a "few quiet words" with him first before handing him to the police

Then you would be on assault charges, that's how the Australian legal system works isn't it 🙂

16 minutes ago, GoingFishing said:

Meh....... revenge is more satisfying lol

No it's not called revenge it was self defence............officer 😇

You just have to insurance cover all your gear these days, doesn't matter what it is.

If I had a boat parked on the street I'd have 2 trailer wheel braces on it & 2 chains through the wheels/trailer chassis, tow ball lock etc.

The only way someone could steel it is if it was winched onto a flatbed truck.

Even then it will still happen.

Expect it so protect it!

Edited by kingie chaser

Insurance will find any excuse possible NOT to cover the theft. In this case their reason could well be that the boat simply was NOT secured properly in the appropriate way, in a secure place. Even IF the supposed cover stipulates parked on street. I don't know IF this will happen but with MY experience with insurance they find loop holes in their own policies so they are not liable. Cost me over $8 1/2 thousand of fishing gear back in 2002. Don't know IF the boat was covered with insurance as many older boats are not these days.

Anyhow I didn't mean for this thread to become a slinging match between differing opinions, just trying to help a friend of a friend out and have more eyes alert to the theft in case someone might see the boat or trailer about.

Thanks.

Frank

• Like 3

Although the police are there to find your boat, this isn't something they would drop everything just to do. Help from the community goes a long way and I believe a lot of boats and cars are found with the help of the community. I take that this post is for that very reason.

• Like 1