1 Metre King broke the metre mark OMG!

FishyMcFishFace

Hey again fishy,

Lots of trips for you mate.

Don't you work? Living the dream you are.

When I first read the story, I thought you got a huge piece of cardboard and furiously folded it up into a boat at the ramp. That's what I thought Origami was - paper folding. Then you went and caught a hoodlum out of it and didn't sink and actually landed the fish! Of course it was too big to fit in the esky and yet you still want a 2m king now. With luck like yours you will probably get it so I reckon you should buy a second origami boat and turn it into a big floating esky - tow it around so you have somewhere to put that 2m monster into.

Mate your adventure was amazing. Broken rod to begin with, totally apathetic about the expectations, fishing in a paper boat, hooking and landing a proper kingie and making it home alive so you can have some sashimi.

How do you compete with that? I'm not gonna break all my rod tips before a trip...

Seriously impressive fishy - love ya work mate.

Edited by Keflapod
  • Like 1

Congratulations FmFF.

When you sent the photo to my phone I realised it was a good fish. What I didn't realise was, was how good a fish it actually was. It took me years to crack the meter mark (102cm - you are nipping at my heels with 101cm) and you have done it in an impressively short time. The sessions out with @Pickles would have helped with the learning curve but you still had to put it all together to make it work.

Looking forward to our next sessions out. May have to try and get you on a mulloway before the end of Summer.

Regards,

Derek

• Like 2

On 11/23/2020 at 5:02 PM, Mike Sydney said:

That’s sick mate well done. A real beauty!

Thanks mate absolutely beautiful, would have loved to catch and release i think i will on my next one

19 hours ago, Aerialangler said:

Well done 

Epic catch mate 

Cheers! All those donuts were worth it in the end finally got a king on my boat! 

5 hours ago, DerekD said:

Congratulations FmFF.

When you sent the photo to my phone I realised it was a good fish. What I didn't realise was, was how good a fish it actually was. It took me years to crack the meter mark (102cm - you are nipping at my heels with 101cm) and you have done it in an impressively short time. The sessions out with @Pickles would have helped with the learning curve but you still had to put it all together to make it work.

Looking forward to our next sessions out. May have to try and get you on a mulloway before the end of Summer.

Regards,

Derek

That would be nice also a Salmon mate! I actually got this king on the ecogear prawn shhhhhh don't tell anyone haha🤫

Yep @pickles "give the burley another chop" ringing in my ears I think it definitely helped.

• Like 1