rusty guttering roof.

leonardgid

Hello again raiders, a slightly different problem this time , the garage roof is made of galvanised steel  quite rusty , , theres a number  of things that are available out there that work well to remove convert  rust  , however they can be very expensive  so i was wondering if any of you have  had any experience  removing rust from gal steel  in the past that did not cost  that much  ,  this is a rental property so i do not want to spend too much  ,  so what i would like to do is work on the gutters and the roller door , remove.convert the rust then prime.undercoat/ paint  it , any ideas advice please .n_DtN8Yjts80L6tanaxXXdYhNeb7uHve6hWvu3VXLMGrhZDK7RaO2YJY6PU9Mx0wY-qX-UTvPpUHTMssfoEWOIBVk5LX62ToWGRbgF8Pzop-_qkrWrEqDg6hfQdZOGg4oj0Mvw_qFhZ-IJccoObAQeL9fpqo4Vf6MGwdQWsMGUGMSKAfVVCiFbLcoYY6pqpOToW-j-oq8DerQa-01q1A88BlJ4Awl_DoFwDQ04t5lAChagyKE3xFhhK8LLwjFpSgbUf6HTuZ1dsGXmMr2xXdQLRKopB3J5W0053h5Sa4ACLg66PY4Ay5LZhUjy_L4lW6HpvGMZtUm1bYkyV9QtDAToQ7dG1-yUkYIubkbecFnp5-KHAAE5kugtLkSLaXnpl9-UK7FNUhxhUmIYc4PWly36t8GQFEkw_Qen2BdOMMJXfvvI7VwMl1lojGxmq7yIUh4YrNPWnYc66LZBsoirp08xDrADpzXoBK9OQHAfnFtyKmqIUkYvrIEDydSKd4YdZfyiFOmdYSFGp6x6hrTKeBsEjVJkDxFbTVx7qDFoJMCKeHXxfO4ppkWTElLP9SV-bsPSKkGE-ljlMiiZ0y9WWAfE8wm7oMU0ZQeK9RoWvyLcH_r8L6GV3ge-O5CM-sIIEWCUuHFvj4_VShm4SmgzZokgikWOMdgeQlwZcTGIb42V4HdCPxdVzujYupQoT_qg=w419-h558-no?authuser=1

All you can do to save a bit of elbow grease is to get a wire wheel on a drill or grinder and attack it. Not a nice job to have to do. I recently replaced the guttering the full length of my triple carport and garage approx 30 metres of new gutter, not the cheapest but better than trying to repair on the cheap, as it won't last.

Frank

• Like 1

20 hours ago, leonardgid said:

this is a rental property so i do not want to spend too much  ,  so what i would like to do is work on the gutters and the roller door , remove.convert the rust then prime.undercoat/ paint  it , any ideas advice please .

Not sure why you would spend anything at all??

If its a rental property then the landlord is responsible for the repairs.

Myabe take some pictures & send to the landlord via the real estate agent.