Bananas saved the day with One king

Pickles

Big Neil, James Clain and I had a day “raiding” the harbour for Kingies. Big Neil, still chasing his first big Kingie, but unfortunately it didn’t happen today. It was less than ideal conditions, dirty green water, big swell and strong winds 🙁🙁
We did however have no trouble getting Yakkas, slimies and squid, so had ideal baits.

We couldn’t get outside as planned and were restricted to the harbour - James saved the day with fat healthy 72 cm Kingie, we lost a few baits and had a good day enjoying mateship and Gods blessings just “simply messing around in boats” as ratty from Wind In The Willows rightly said.

I touched base with three charter operators and we were the only boat to land a kingie - good one James.

There is always something new or interesting when out on the water - a little snapper grabbed a squid jig - had this happen before with Kingies, but not a snapper. Again James did the deed.

(Just as well we had our bananas on board or we may have ended up fishless)

4640D551-CFBF-4741-8070-423558659457.jpeg

1BCAF333-C460-483A-89A8-866440BD7EE6.jpeg

Edited by Pickles
Pics
  • Like 10

• Pickles changed the title to Bananas saved the day with One king
13 hours ago, Blackfish said:

Bit of a beast that King.

There seem to be big beasts along the whole coast at the moment. They are catching 20kg + fish south of me right up to friends at Coffs this past week catching fish well over 20kg. 

• Like 2