Port Hacking

BDbrooker

Long time reader, first time reporter. 

Plan was to head out early today and try for a jew after reading all of @Yowiereports.

Got a call off my mum last night who was now unable to look after my daughter. Damn! 

Change of plans, decided to take my 4 year daughter out for a fish after breakfast.

Hit the water around 7.45am. Sounded up some activity near Lilli Pilli baths. Defrosted some of my left over squid heads from last week, baited up my daughter's pink rod which is rigged up for whiting with 6lb trace. Threw it out whilst I got my rod ready to go. 

Bang, my daughter is on, brings up a snapper just under legal. As it's coming up a 4 or 5 kingies follow it in. She keeps the fish in the water and I throw another squid head out, bang I'm on. In comes a king at 62cms. Release the fish and straight out goes another squid bait, bang, on again. Another king comes in about the same size. 

Move the boat back into position and throw my daughter's pink road out again. Couple of minutes pass then she's on to a small king, I help her reel it in and get a quick photo. She was stoked, first ever king for her. 

Bait up her rod again and cast it out. Wait another minute or two and bag she is on again. This time line was peeling off her little pink rod. I took over for her like a good dad, took me about 5 or 6 minutes to land the fish, unfortunately it came in just under legal but still happy. It was a great little morning session with my little girl. 

We then headed out in search of some squid but no luck. 

All up, we got 5 kings and the one snapper, all released. Missus isn't happy, no fish for dinner tonight.  

20201204_082136.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2