Xmas Darts with the family.

Fab1

One thing i don't think anyone knows about me is in my early teens to late teens I use to be very good at Darts and Snooker.

Anyway today we played darts with the family and we would call out numbers to hit.

Mind you I just took darts back up after 27 yr layoff about 2 months ago and with practice in the shed as often as i can I mustered this today. 

Some one called out bull one time and double sixteen another.

I left them to ponder these.😂🤣🤣

20201219_202329.jpg

20201219_202430.jpg

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Blackfish said:

Excellent, I don't mind a game myself.

Thats after a 27 year layoff, geez that's good.

Never got a triple 16 but have score a triple Bull................ but that's about it. 😄

Yeah, after that long.As you know it's very hard to get a triple bull as the bulls bed is very small. The doubles are alot easier due to being bigger.I've had a few of both over the years but the planet's need to be aligned for it to happen.

Great feeling when it happens.Don't worry I've thrown many 180's then the very next throw thrown a 7,3,15,11 etc feeling like kicking myself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kingie chaser said:

I thought triple 20 was the top score

180.jpg.4e1543910fbdde0d753f152683c87709.jpg

😝🤣

Looks like you shouldturn pro :thumbup:

Very few people are good enough to turn pro.I'm far from being pro.I can throw some fantastic darts at times and some terrible ones too.😂😂😂Yes 180 is top score.Here you go.

20201116_204525.jpg

1 minute ago, Fab1 said:

Very few people are good enough to turn pro.I'm far from being pro.I can throw some fantastic darts at times and some terrible ones too.😂😂😂Yes 180 is top score.Here you go.

20201116_204525.jpg

I find the more alcohol I drink the better I score, up until about beer number 6 & then its all downhill from there :beersmile::D

I think its like all sports, it's the consistency at the end of the day that counts.

My Welsh mate around the road who I have a throw with and maybe have a Beer, he will throw a few 180's when he's throwing against me but I've seen him in a comp game not getting one.

Or you can throw some great darts to get down to a finish but end up on Double one .... I'm an expert at that. Bahhhaaaa.

We all cant be a MVG.

19 minutes ago, kingie chaser said:

I find the more alcohol I drink the better I score, up until about beer number 6 & then its all downhill from there :beersmile::D

😂🤣I don't stink alcohol but i do find when I drink ginger beer I'm on fire.😂😂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Blackfish said:

I think its like all sports, it's the consistency at the end of the day that counts.

My Welsh mate around the road who I have a throw with and maybe have a Beer, he will throw a few 180's when he's throwing against me but I've seen him in a comp game not getting one.

Or you can throw some great darts to get down to a finish but end up on Double one .... I'm an expert at that. Bahhhaaaa.

We all cant be a MVG.

Exactly mate.Hitting doubles consistently Is key.Any one that plays darts would know just how consistent and accurate Phil Taylor was  to win all those Tournaments.

It's a great way to help kids with maths.

Phil Taylor, what a legend.

As for the Maths, I'm not to bad but when it comes to finishes I frustrate the crap out of the good players that can work them out quickly.

Or if I jag a finish, say, something random like a double 13. I tell them. " I always try to finish on that as its my favourite double" Haaaaaaaa.

On 12/27/2020 at 6:59 AM, mrsswordfisherman said:

Love this topic.

We have a dart board in the outside area. Swordies family always used to have a big dart contest over the Christmas period. Lots of fun :)

Darts, board games and cards.Bring them all back.

25 minutes ago, Fab1 said:

Darts, board games and cards.Bring them all back.

We still do. We play online canasta and Cribbage tournaments daily. We also do board games and always get a new board game for family to play at Chrissy. 
Covid-19 has helped bring those pursuits back.

I bought several jigsaw puzzles and craft stuff during lockdown.

Games are great fun 👏👍

Used to love my darts and wasn't all that bad at it, won a few contests in my hay day including an Olympic gold medal, bet you didn't know there was such a thing for darts, did you ? . Well it was the Law enforcements Olympics . 

I haven't thrown a dart in about 15 years now but probably wouldn't take much to get my aim back to something competitive, never was PRO status just a pretty good dart thrower.

Still have several sets of darts still in box unused and many used sets.

Frank

Edited by frankS

3 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

We still do. We play online canasta and Cribbage tournaments daily. We also do board games and always get a new board game for family to play at Chrissy. 
Covid-19 has helped bring those pursuits back.

I bought several jigsaw puzzles and craft stuff during lockdown.

Games are great fun 👏👍

Canasta is my favourite card game.

2 hours ago, frankS said:

Used to love my darts and wasn't all that bad at it, won a few contests in my hay day including an Olympic gold medal, bet you didn't know there was such a thing for darts, did you ? . Well it was the Law enforcements Olympics . 

I haven't thrown a dart in about 15 years now but probably wouldn't take much to get my aim back to something competitive, never was PRO status just a pretty good dart thrower.

Frank

Didn't know mate.Love throwing a dart or three just don't get the time to do it often enough.

2 hours ago, frankS said:

Frank

Sign you up when they start the comp again there Frank.

Round 4 2021 World Darts Championships

@Fab1  @frankS 

This game was only played yesterday between Michael Van Gerwen and Joe Cullen.

It was a fantastic game with Cullen throwing quite a few 180's.

So if you get a chance to watch it you won't be disappointed especially with some very average weather predicted in Sydney in the next few days, not a bad way to spend a hour.

Fantastic darts. I thought Cullen played the better overall games but just faltered at the death.

If only I could throw half that good I would take it up again, but I think I have to be happy with what I done in the past, too old now to be competitive at any sport, I think including Fishing of late.

Frank