Roseville boat ramp closed??

Pickles

I'd be ringing the local council OR NSWNPWS, they control the ramp.

https://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/things-to-do/picnic-areas/davidson-park-picnic-area-and-boat-ramp/map

Looks like its open to only locals but not the picinic area.

https://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/things-to-do/picnic-areas/davidson-park-picnic-area-and-boat-ramp/local-alerts

Edited by kingie chaser

15 minutes ago, kingie chaser said:

its an advice that non locals shouldnt use but not an order

34 minutes ago, PaddyT said:

its an advice that non locals shouldnt use but not an order

Well the way I see it Davidson Park is in the southern northern beaches area still affected by CV19 restrictions so you shouldnt be visiting the area until midnight 30th December !

If you live or are staying in the area then different story!

I dare say you could be stopped & asked why your there when entering the NP.

https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/what-you-can-and-cant-do-under-rules/northern-beaches#essential-reasons

Edited by kingie chaser

Davidson boat ramp is open, although boaters living outside the Northern Beaches Local Government Area are advised to use another boat ramp as restrictions apply to this area."---Cut and pasted from the advisory , so yep as Roseville is in the zone north of the bridge its probably not a good idea

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, motiondave said:

HA! Its  like a 20 spot ramp, plus if you can park on the street. Good luck any day to get there, people use it to get to their moored boats, plus day trippers parking their cars in boat spots, despite the fines, etc.....

I see not much has changed then ! 
I remember years ago the locals there were trying to get it locked between sundown and sunup because the noise of the outboard motors was waking them up - poor things ! 

The reason that the Tunks  locals got cranky was more due to the fact that boaties were coming in late / early and flushing their motors at all hours.

Some people are just plain selfish.

Flushing your 2 stroke at 2.00am in the morning in the middle of suburbia will not endear you to anyone.....

Try it at home on a regular basis and see how the neighbourhood responds !

Unfortunately, the council then got a bee in their bonnet and decided to look at some brilliant ideas including the removal of a chunk of parking spaces....brilliant indeed! Remove the services and increase the congestion - thereby removing the desire to use the facility. (Probably saves on long term maintenance costs)

All because of some selfish individuals, who couldn't wait until the next morning to flush their motor at home.

Those people are as bad as the entitled folk that park their single car in the trailer parking spaces!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tryhard said:

The reason that the Tunks  locals got cranky was more due to the fact that boaties were coming in late / early and flushing their motors at all hours.

Some people are just plain selfish.

Flushing your 2 stroke at 2.00am in the morning in the middle of suburbia will not endear you to anyone.....

Try it at home on a regular basis and see how the neighbourhood responds !

Unfortunately, the council then got a bee in their bonnet and decided to look at some brilliant ideas including the removal of a chunk of parking spaces....brilliant indeed! Remove the services and increase the congestion - thereby removing the desire to use the facility. (Probably saves on long term maintenance costs)

All because of some selfish individuals, who couldn't wait until the next morning to flush their motor at home.

Those people are as bad as the entitled folk that park their single car in the trailer parking spaces!

Just take the water supply away & problem solved.........no?

1 minute ago, kingie chaser said:

Just take the water supply away & problem solved.........no?

I think that if council where to do anything, consideration should be given to adding some additional parking on the southern side of the hill and into the access road to the ovals...relatively easy to achieve (but a small gain), and put a timed lock out on the water supply.

That would go some way to alleviating the issues.

yes no water would solve but not fully .even at drummoyne ramp i see brain dead morons start there motors before reversing in to check if it will start for 10 to 30 secs. dry at all hours they dont even know they are destroying there cooling system in the process regards dunc333

• Sad 1

We had stopped using the ramp long before any of this happened and all i heard was it was from outboard noise - never knew it was because some tosser was flushing their motor - in that case their complaints were completely justified !  . I have seen all sorts of nobs at boat ramps but the one that takes the cake was at patonga - this nob reverses down a single lane ramp until the back wheels of his car are under water , loads the missus and kid into the boat then proceeds to try and start the motor while it is still on the trailer   . It won’t start  but he still pushes the boat off the trailer and pulls it up onto the end of the ramp and gets back in to work on the motor which doesn’t even look like starting - 15 min later the queue is getting longer with people trying to launch and retrieve and this nob is still blocking the ramp and the motor ain starting ! Even then i think it was only after  the threat of physical harm from someone trying to get their boat in that he decided to give up and pull the boat out . 

Edited by XD351

Its summer-the once a year boaties are out in force-try your best to help them and educate them but even better avoid them by going early. Tunks is a good ramp but the parking is awful , Roseville is far better (the NP fee keeps it a bit quieter) but the harbour needs a couple more ramps.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, dunc333 said:

yes no water would solve but not fully .even at drummoyne ramp i see brain dead morons start there motors before reversing in to check if it will start for 10 to 30 secs. dry at all hours they dont even know they are destroying there cooling system in the process regards dunc333

Yep and it only takes a few seconds !

When i did the last service on my  Yamaha they checked the pump as part of the service and as I’m pretty meticulous about looking after the pump i was expecting the original one to be in mint condition but it had heat damage from running dry . I was puzzled as to how this happened but the mechanic explained it is actually a fault in the design and when i am flushing the motor i have to fit the muffs , start the water running and check the little tell tale hole in the side of the leg above cavitation plate - if no water is dribbling out of this hole don’t start the engine and re adjust the muffs or check the pick up filter for blockages and only start the engine when water is coming out of this hole . This is something i never knew ! Then i remembered the one time i had trouble getting water out of the normal telltale  and had to fiddle with the muffs while i had it running - this was all it took to damage the pump as they are made of plastic and melt pretty easily and although it was still working ok it could have lead to a failure .

1 hour ago, dunc333 said:

Yup... I gave a sad face as they just don't know.  My last trip out, I was at Parsley Bay ramp a little early (waiting for Dieter) and the guy I let go past in the queue started his motor high and dry up the ramp. I tried to explain  politely that was not a good idea. Most outboards idle at 700rpm, when they start they spurt way above that, thats a lot of revs on the poor dry impeller. Its like doing a burn out with car tyres, except the little impeller has a lot less tread....  all it got was a mouthful of mind your own business. Each to his own I guess. 

Cheers Zoran