Lennox Head fishing trip

Aaron Vassallo

Hey everyone,

I'm heading off to Lennox Head tomorrow for a fishing trip and i was seeing if anyone has heard off or has been to any land based spots up there that produce big bream, flatties, kingies, snapper and i've heard people get mackerel, tuna and jewies. 

Much appreciated, Happy New Year.

Hey Aaron, Brunswick River is a good system just north of lennox and you also have the Richmond river system to the south both produce flatties, bream, Gts, kings. Brunswick marina breakwall is a great spot for the previously mentioned fish. 

Broken head rocks, Cape Byron rocks and Ballina breakwall are great spots to fish for bigger fish. I haven't caught anything here personally and only fished at these places twice but I have heard especially this time of year that bigger GT 15kg+ and reasonable kings plus mackerel are available when the tide is pumping. Using bigger plastics, stickbaits and poppers. 

Hi Aaron,  all the above are good spots .  If you want a drive to the south there’s a road bridge on the highway at wardell which is a great Jewie spot in the right conditions.  Locals get big hauls of medium to big ones here!  If you want to chase bass there’s plenty of good spots on the river near bungawalbin.