Syd green eyes

danielsydney

What a fantastic haul! What's your technique, if you don't mind sharing? I often driven by Dover heights and pondered squidding but not sure - looks dicey getting close to rocks, controlling speed to get jigs deep enough etc...

3 hours ago, anthman said:

What a fantastic haul! What's your technique, if you don't mind sharing? I often driven by Dover heights and pondered squidding but not sure - looks dicey getting close to rocks, controlling speed to get jigs deep enough etc...

Navionics is your friend. Work the shoals, jig aggressively and persist until you find them. Once you do repeat the drift and you should do well. Good luck. 

2 hours ago, danielsydney said:

Navionics is your friend. Work the shoals, jig aggressively and persist until you find them. Once you do repeat the drift and you should do well. Good luck. 

thanks! what do you look for on the sounder (weed? and what depth do you targert).

do you put a sinker on the jigs to get them down there quicker?

21 hours ago, anthman said:

thanks! what do you look for on the sounder (weed? and what depth do you targert).

do you put a sinker on the jigs to get them down there quicker?

I'm also keen to hear @danielsydney's reply for this also @anthman. Also, any tips for cleaning squid ink off a painted rear section of aluminium boat, I've left some there for a while now and it's pretty well stuck on!

We've been working paternoster rigs with two smaller jigs in the lake here for arrows, works well for that smaller variety and can adjust the sinker for windier/faster drifts. Haven't tried it offshore for green eyes, but am keen to try it out.

post-1134-1177473276_thumb.jpg

More info here on this style of rig: